What's new
What's new

Manual Machinist - Full Time Job w/ Benefits - Turlock, CA

MattsPrecision

Plastic
Hello,

We're currently looking for a full-time machinist for our family owned machine shop in Turlock, California. Take a look at the requirements below and please contact [email protected] if you're interested in the position. This position is ready for immediately employment, thank you.

- Matt

Summary/Objective

Responsible for operating machine tools to produce precision metal parts. Produces small batches or large quantities of metal parts. Ensure products meet precise specifications.

Essential Functions and Abilities

• Operate manual lathes, mills and grinders.
  • Use precision tools (e.g. calipers, micrometers) to take accurate measurements
  • Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances.
  • Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work.
  • Lay out, measure, and mark metal stock in order to display placement of cuts.
  • Design fixtures, tooling, and experimental parts to meet special engineering needs.
  • Knowledge of the properties of metal and other material is required

Competencies

• High Attention to Detail
  • Mathematics Proficiency
  • Problem Solving Skills
  • Technical Capacity.
  • Communication Proficiency.

Supervisory Responsibility

• This position has no supervisory responsibilities.

Work Environment

• The employee may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Eye protection is mandatory at all times. Ear plugs and particle masks may be required during certain operations.

Required Education and Experience

• 2 years Machinist experience
  • High school diploma.
  • Tool and Die experience is a major plus, but not required

Full-time Benefits

• Full Kaiser Healthcare coverage
  • 5% 401K Company Match

Company Hours

• Monday - Thursday: 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
  • Friday: 7:00 am to 3:00 pm.
  • Saturday - Sunday: Closed.

Job Type: Full-time

Salary: $18.00 to $25.00 per hour (Wage determined from experience)

Our location:

Jon's Precision Machining, LLC
351 N. Walnut Rd. Suite 1-3
Turlock, CA 95380
P: 800-651-9271
E: [email protected]
www.vcmparts.com

Good luck with your search. When I ran a shop the second hardest thing was hiring people, the hardest was letting them go.
Why close a half hour early on Friday? Hardly seems worth it.

Why close a half hour early on Friday? Hardly seems worth it.

It's a gesture to the employees. Maybe some folks want to head out early Friday to the lake or go camping or go fishing. If I were a worker bee in a shop and had a family, that would appeal to me. But then again, I'm just an old fart!

Stuart

I would ask if some overtime would occur as needed or is the company dead set against overtime..
looks like a nice shop with having CNC and manual machining..
Also a good product line.
Manual machining for fixture making, repair and prototype I would suspect... and yes tool and die mentioned so could be die try out, making and or repair (?).
$25 is a fair wage even if you have to work up to that.

Good to see manual machinist needed..In truth anybody can run CNC.. yes programming is a talent but computer savvy kids learn that PDQ.

I think that part of California is very nice.. along with hobby gold prospecting not far up the trail...

Overtime question..some people like a bit of overtime, some don't.. I know of one company that almost lost a niche business because the kids taking over a company decided No Overtime and a competitor began taking over the shortage to the market..

And our second problem is finding younger generations entering machine tool technology field. In our area it's very difficult to find.
every year there are high schools with trade programs teaching machining and students are looking for a job.
every year there are older people taking night school machining courses looking for a job or a better job.
many schools either have bulletin board or web site with job postings and often the school will arrange student job interviews and or tell them who to call or where to go. everyday there are employers willing to hire people who are not perfect but with a little training make good employees
• U.S. teenage unemployment rate: August 217 | Statistic
government says teenage unemployment rate at 13.6%

No, just one. The door is marked Humans.
You wouldn't be a racist or nuthin' now, right ? cuz I like machinin' .....

article-1223621-06FD87B7000005DC-510_634x955.jpg

Back