What's new
What's new

Manual Machinist / Valve technician Jacksonville, FL

Metal Head

Cast Iron
I am the branch manager for a valve automation and repair facility in Jacksonville, FL. I am looking to hire an experienced lead manual machinist competent with lathe, mill, sawing & broaching work. Preferences given for candidates with history in plant maintenance shops and/or familiarity with industrial valves, pneumatic, electric & hydraulic actuators & circuits. A.S. degree or technical certs in machining, automation, maintenance, electronics, etc. also highly valued. I am willing to freely share everything I know to train someone in the valve tech dept. but you will be expected to learn quickly, apply what you have learned to future jobs and soon down the road provide the first line of oversight/QC for up to two other employees and help direct workflow according to machine availability. You will perform teardown, inspection, reassembly and testing of repaired valves and help enforce safety policies. This is not an assembly line or production type job. A very strong mechanical aptitude, can do attitude, and self motivated personality will be required to do well in this position. We often run into jobs or equipment that we have not seen before or will not see again for several years so ability to work from verbal direction, prints, service manuals, and skill retention are a must. You will also be required to demonstrate proficiency in our standard product lines as your experience grows.

Shop is non-climate controlled so ability to work in Florida temps, stand for up to 4 hours at a time and lift up to 75lbs will be expected. This is a full time position with a 40 hour workweek 7:30am-4:30pm M-F with 1 hour lunch. Overtime is rare. Travel is not expected at this time. Future growth opportunities include manufacturers training courses, on-site tech, inside sales/tech support, outside sales.

We are a close knit group with reasonable expectations of our employees and their work/life balance. Pay and holiday/vacation PTO is competitive with other shops in the area and will be based on experience. We have opt-in health and retirement plan programs available for all employees after 90 days. You will be expected to have you own basic machinist, mechanics tools, steel toe boots and shop appropriate attire. We are a zero tolerance drug free workplace and smoking is not allowed on the premises.

If you are interested please see our website for further information on our company. Valves and controls, superior products and services in Jacksonville, FL.. Our Lakeland, FL branch is just a satellite sales office. There are no positions available outside of our Jacksonville, FL location.

Please send your resume to eveale at camacvc dot com and put Practical Machinist in the subject line so I can give you a second look.

Thanks,
Eric Veale

Anyone qualified looking for work? Good pay, good atmosphere, good benefits, stable employment. Ex-Navy or maintenance machinist should excel in this position.

Back