What's new
What's new

Senior CNC Machinist - Dallas, TX

IntlTool.us

Plastic
Senior CNC Machinist
Job Description –
• Setting up and operating CNC machining centers and lathes (Mazak, Hardinge, Mitsubishi)
• Using / editing G codes
• Using tool call and tool offset codes
• Setting tool lengths
• Editing programs
• Use work offsets / work coordinates
• Identifying proper tooling, feeds, and speeds
• Measuring and inspecting parts
• Reviewing / following job planning
• Entering production information
• Maintaining accuracy of job planning data, (Standard Operating Procedures)

• Leadership role, mentoring role
• Work scheduling
• Process monitoring

Job Requirements –
• Minimum Associate’s Degree required
• 7+ years of experience
• Experience with Fanuc controls
• Proficient with precision measuring instruments
• Strong math skills / familiar with GD&T
• Proficient technical English reading / interpreting blueprints
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Strong time management skills
• CNC Machinist candidates must be able to work independently

4/10 Scheduling

Compensation & Benefits –
We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package in an exciting and friendly work environment.

Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer

Located in North Dallas area

International Tool

Associate’s Degree

I would be interested but i only have 25 years experiance with multi million dollar parts and no Associate’s Degree
my guess is they have people who are not machinist doing the hiring and have no ideal how to ask say 20 questions to find out what a person knows about CNC machining.
Job I have now, the supervisor doing the hiring had me talk to the lead CNC machinist and show me the machine I would be using. One question the lead CNC machinist asked is he said they machine mill 1018 steel at 600 sfpm and asked what I usually milled at. I said don't you adjust sfpm and feed based on length of cut ?? He said no. I acted extremely surprised and thought no way would I get the job. But he must have thought about it and sure a facemill with a shallow DOC and 800 sfpm and 0.008 ipt is possible but also an end mill with a long length and deep DOC and you might have trouble running at 200 sfpm and 0.002 ipt
My guess is the hiring people do not know what questions to even ask.

I would be interested but i only have 25 years experiance with multi million dollar parts and no Associate’s Degree

i feel you on this one. Im in a similar boat. I have 20+ years experience, but no degree. as far as being a cnc machinist. i fell i am very good at my job. The last 6 years before my job now. i worked in the proto type shop. got to the point were, i would program, setup, dial in the program, make as fast as possible and get ready for the prodution shop. Also made all the fixtures for our 32 pallet horizontal. also proved out 95% of the programs out of 150+ programs on the machine. Dial them in for lights out machining....

i feel you on this one. Im in a similar boat. I have 20+ years experience, but no degree. as far as being a cnc machinist. i fell i am very good at my job. The last 6 years before my job now. i worked in the proto type shop. got to the point were, i would program, setup, dial in the program, make as fast as possible and get ready for the prodution shop. Also made all the fixtures for our 32 pallet horizontal. also proved out 95% of the programs out of 150+ programs on the machine. Dial them in for lights out machining....

Hey guys,
We appreciate the input, and yes, these are bulleted items we ask of our applicants. However, we look at all quality-skilled applicants as we do "hands-on" interview as well.
I will discuss this issue with our engineers.
Check out International Tool | Quality Focused Manufacturing under our careers page and please submit your information.

Please disregard the remark of "Minimum Associate's Degree Required". All qualified applicants will have hands-on interview with engineer.

Thank you,
International Tool

is this an engineer that has machining experience or just a design tech? I actually get more (how do I) questions from engineers then questions I have for them. GE France nuclear turbine plant used to send their engineers to ask me (will this work). I wouldnt mind submitting a resume but would like to make sure the guy administering the hands on test knows how to figure SFM or IPT.

is this an engineer that has machining experience or just a design tech? I actually get more (how do I) questions from engineers then questions I have for them. GE France nuclear turbine plant used to send their engineers to ask me (will this work). I wouldnt mind submitting a resume but would like to make sure the guy administering the hands on test knows how to figure SFM or IPT.

Absolutely -
Our President and VP of Operations are both Mechanical Engineers and Machinists with generations of experience.

If there are any more specific questions, I'd be happy to take personal inquiries at: [email protected].

Thank you

Back