What's new
What's new

Smart person needed in Northern California

Matt@RFR

Titanium
Hey guys. This is probably a long shot due to my location (Paradise,Ca 95969), but thought I'd throw it out there anyway:

The shop is comprised currently of me, and another guy who's only been here a few months but is learning rapidly. He's moving on to setup, paperwork, foreman type stuff so I need an operator. At first all I need is an operator, but our operator needs are different than most: Must haves:
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent hand-eye coordination (some of our parts can fit qty 100 in one hand easily)
- Excellent work ethic
- Ability and desire to learn

Notice I don't mention experience. Nothing wrong with ladies doing this job either. Most machinists I've worked with in the past have been arrogant pricks who are stuck in the '60s as far as machining technology and strategy. I may be an arrogant prick, but I'm doing my level best to keep up with technology and I think we're doing pretty well with it. We are headed more towards extreme efficiency and hopefully some automation versus hiring more people, so it would be nice to find someone who can multitask at least a little bit.

It's a really weird place to work right now... We're running just one machine in my shitty little 900 sq ft garage, but we should be breaking ground on a 4800 sq ft building very soon, and along with that will come a second mill (a new Brother pallet changer), so in this little shop we have a lot of the accessories you might find in the larger shop (it's a tight fit these days). We are booked solid through mid April and turning work away like crazy. The new building can't come fast enough, and I'm trying to get someone in here now so when the Brother hits the floor, we can be as productive as possible, as well as lending more hands for the move and everything that entails (building benches, etc., etc.)

Pay. You make me lots of money, I pay you lots of money! The guy that's here now started at $12/hr (good starting wage for the area) and had never stepped foot in a machine shop before. He's been here 4 months and got a raise to $15/hr at month 3. Don't tell him, but he's destined for another raise shortly. He's extremely dedicated and willing to do (and learn) whatever it takes to excel and improve the shop. If you are destined to be an operator for the next 15 years, that's ok too, just don't expect raises all the time.

Give me a call at 530-two two eight-7360 or email at matt_rfr (at) comcast (dot) net

Back