Close
Login to Your Account

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jhruska View Post
    Andy,
    Machine movements are actuated via solenoids.
    That yellow-orange electrical box on the right side in the photo has three or four in there.
    In that area near the floor is a pipe for filling the hydraulic oil. That is also where the fill level is checked.
    The opening in the casting is the return for the coolant. The strainer basket is missing.
    Attachment 195913
    In your other photos the telescoping way covers are not present. Hope you have them.
    Some were missing for our machine and the others were rough. Had some made locally to replace the missing.
    The covers ride on opposite edges of the machine on little blocks. I made new ones out of AR400.
    Bricks in the coolant tank.....the swarf does not settle out and is picked up and passed between the
    work and the wheel. The finish will suffer.
    Our 14" was longer and it finished large diameter rolls. The face of the grinding wheel was 2".
    John
    I have all the way covers, guards, water shields, 3J speed closer/collets up to 1-3/4", wheels, filters, centers, both coolant strainers and a pile of other parts in a box. All the bricks will be coming out too. The service manual should be coming today so hopefully I can trouble shoot this table trip problem.

I sold my small Parker & Majestic ID grinder and my small 12" between center
    OD grinder that were the perfect size for my shop last week.... Today I get 3 calls from guys that want this machine asap. This machine is to big for anything I'll use it for and against my better judgement, I think I'll keep it. It's cleaning up really nice and other than these small issues, it runs pretty damn smooth.

Country
    CHINA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobby Shop View Post
    Not a whole lot of experience with an OD/ID here. I can make it work but not a seasoned operator by any stretch. I've only made a dozen or so parts with one, some bolster axles and a few pins.
    Okay, maybe you know this but can't hurt to say it again :

Lesson One : NEVER stand in front of the wheel when you turn it on. I've seen pieces of wheel embedded in the wall across the room from a grinder. The most dangerous time is at startup, that's when they like to come apart and throw chunks of rock across the room at 60 mph (that's your average wheel speed at the periphery.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If one of you guys would consider copying the section of the service manual on adjusting the Filmatic spindle bearings, I would be most appreciative. Suppose you could PM me if you are willing? Long story. thanks,Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan from Oakland View Post
    If one of you guys would consider copying the section of the service manual on adjusting the Filmatic spindle bearings, I would be most appreciative. Suppose you could PM me if you are willing? Long story. thanks,Dan
    Will do Dan. I was just reading that section yesterday. I'm going to try to get the entire LL service manual on VM.
    Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan from Oakland View Post
    The 12" has instructions a bit different than the 14" and 18" instructions. There is also a method to check spindle end play and instruction for adjustment.
    John