Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pressbrake1 View Post
    Luckily in Britain we had thegood sense to put the rack wheel on the right!
    Only because so many Scots employed as design Engineers specified parts as had to be turned wrong-way round so as to confound wee Sassenach minds.

Hadn't a chance of besting the English on that one. Too many OLD school Yorkshiremen on shop floor or Boardroom to slide that one past, undetected.

Monty Python Live (mostly) Four Yorkshiremen (214) - YouTube

Perfidious Albion did their usual - cheated and reversed the controls as well.

Cazeneuve put theirs the only place they'd not already filled with complications or stale Baguettes.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rj1939 View Post
    Have you got enough electrical to feed it, she is likely hungry....................what about a twenty horse motor?
    I am curious about the HP, and would also expect 20. My 1948 20x48 HD is only 10 hp, if the plate is correct. The plate for the Westinghouse motor seems to have been relocated from the motor to the back of the lathe.

I'm wondering if the OP's is also a '48, and how close our serial numbers are. Mine has two additional features - a taper attachment (massive, but very finely scaled), and lead screw reverse on the apron.

Mine does not appear to have ever had the flood coolant option. I have never seen a Pacemaker without the feature. Not having the side effects of flood coolant on an old hardly used machine is nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Glug View Post
    I am curious about the HP, and would also expect 20. My 1948 20x48 HD is only 10 hp, if the plate is correct. The plate for the Westinghouse motor seems to have been relocated from the motor to the back of the lathe.

I'm wondering if the OP's is also a '48, and how close our serial numbers are. Mine has two additional features - a taper attachment (massive, but very finely scaled), and lead screw reverse on the apron.

Mine does not appear to have ever had the flood coolant option. I have never seen a Pacemaker without the feature. Not having the side effects of flood coolant on an old hardly used machine is nice.
    About what area is that motor tag on yours? The motor dosent have a tag on mine either and if really like to see what that tag says. I think the motor is wired up for 440v right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Bul 16 says the biggies should have a max of 30 HP. This edition of 16 has only 14,16, 20MD and 20HD - the latter being the only biggie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bul-16-spec-.jpg  

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by alskdjfhg View Post
    About what area is that motor tag on yours? The motor dosent have a tag on mine either and if really like to see what that tag says. I think the motor is wired up for 440v right now.
    Posted it in my lathe thread, to prevent confusion among the plethora of 20x48 HD Pacemakers.

Pacemaker 20x48 move