What's new
What's new

3K clutch not disengaging

Ja_cain

Cast Iron
Posted a video of the clutch not fully disengaging on the mill I looked at on Friday. Can't shift into a different spindle speed when this happens. Was wondering if anyone has any insight on this. Here is the video.

K&T 3k Main clutch - YouTube

I managed to dig up an old post where ramsay1 potentially had the same problem but no real details other than he ordered some springs from McMaster. This and the feed lever on the back side of the machine are really the only things keeping me from buying it. As said before, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Justin

Clutch adjusting page from manual linked in your other thread
Thank you sir! I almost feel like the brake isn't engaging. You wouldn't happen to have a digital copy of the parts manual? I would love to see an exploded view of the main clutch assembly. Thanks again for posting the clutch adjustment procedure.

Justin

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hello: My 2H plain was doing virtually the same thing... Springs were broken and the plates were gummy in my machine.. Those release springs are special though so Macmaster Carr... I think I managed to find some made out of stainless but it has been awhile so maybe not.. Ramsay 1:)

Hello: My 2H plain was doing virtually the same thing... Springs were broken and the plates were gummy in my machine.. Those release springs are special though so Macmaster Carr... I think I managed to find some made out of stainless but it has been awhile so maybe not.. Ramsay 1:)
Just the information I needed. I really appreciate it!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back