What's new
What's new

#5 Cincinnati H

collector

Hot Rolled
Hi guys
Have a # 5 on its way to the shop here's a picture ok need a refresher on how to add pictures sorry
It seems that on the I pad or I phone that when u up load the thing just goes round and round . But if I send the pictures to my old pc it works fine. Am I missing a step with I phone I pad .. Seams a pia to go back to the old things that work .
Collector

Attachments

• IMG_1069.jpg
    IMG_1069.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 636
  • IMG_1072.jpg
    IMG_1072.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 572
  • IMG_1071.jpg
    IMG_1071.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 576
  • IMG_1070.jpg
    IMG_1070.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 572
Last edited:
That's a healthy machine, I wish my 5CK had a powered over arm.

What are you going to use it for it you don't mind my asking?

That machine has sliding plates over the saddle screw. Slide those back and check the under saddle bracket screw ( 2 front and 2 back. It the under saddle bracket is loose, your lubrication to the table will not work. If coolant is used, the bearings are subject to coolant. This is a common in the # 4's & 5's and vercipowers.

Good ;luck !

If you don't mind, I will give you a couple of hints. The knee is about 2 tons. I can't tell if it is block up under the knee. Before you take if off the truck. It would help to bring down the knee pretty low. Move the over arm back toward the back more and lock it down. Bring the table back toward the column. Don't want to tip over.

Good Luck,

Last edited:
Hi guys
I Have the machine at the shop now and will look it over in the next couple weeks. I was told that there is some problems with the feeds .The machine ser #4J5P5T-1
Model 525-20HP. from 1964.I would like to find a Manual for this machine to help with trouble shooting the feed problems.Any leads would be appreciated.The pendant control has
an 8 speed selector dial hope its not a problem.As for what Iam going to use it for is mostly my Curiosity .
Collector

I have a similar year/size horizontal...lots of manuals out there, but get the service manual and it is pretty good. What are the feeds doing/not doing?
Jealous of the independently powered overarm, would probably slide right onto mine if you get tired of it...

Hi I have not powred it up yet so I don't know what the issues my be. But would like to get the service manuals to see the guts of the machine. I let you know what I find. It sure is a big beast.

Collector

Get the serial number of the right hand face of the table, Call Cincinnati ( The Fives) at 800.934.0735. Parts N Parts at 419,331.5658.

The 5T ia 1967 born year, You have electric clutches in the IOS head. Make sure you have the right oil in it and do not over fill.

IOS 10.jpg You will need this book ( M2540 ) for the I.O.S. head. I think you have the 5 HP one. There are D C drive clutches inside ( 6 ). Wagner does not make them any more. You will have to have them rewired if needed.

Good luck.

Hi cmike
Thanks that will help in the search for the manuals. If you have any for sale or copy I would be interested. Whaiting to hear back from parts an parts Looks like the gear box uses 30 hydruilic oil sight glass is to dirty to see took the oil cap off and the oil is around the bottom of the gears.
I will power it up the week so I will see what's up.The slide covers I see two small screws on the front it seems a very tight fit should I be able to hit it with a punch to move it forward ?I did not see any an the back side.

Collector

Collector j

Roll out the IOS head and the drain is under the head. Oil level is important. I have seen the sight glass blown out from the wrong oil and the amount. I have lot information on the IOS head. Had too rewired a few. The manual has lot of info in it for you to understand it.

Back