What's new
What's new

Need axleson manual

Wonk

Aluminum
I hope I'm posting this in the correct forum. My boss just purchased an old Axleson 20 x 139 lathe. He wants me to have this thing set up by Wednesday. Please keep in mind: I am not a machinist, and I don't claim to be a machinist, my boss just tells me to play one at work from time to time. Someone in the office found a pdf online for a manual for it but it is missing pages 4 and 5, which according to the index is the leveling and set up instructions. Some of the other pages are a little hard for my old eyes to read too. Would any of you real machinists on here possibly have the missing pages or maybe even a better file that would help me complete this task. From what I have read on here I am pretty sure I need a machinists level to do this right and I'm going to ask a couple machinists I know if they have one I could borrow for this. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

WONK,

I'm the one that posted that Axelson manual with pages 4 and 5 missing.

I would offer to provide you those pages but my manual is out being rescanned and to be posted on Greg's M's website in the near future.

In the mean time, be patient and wait until it is available.

As for leveling, it levels up just like any other lathe. Just adjust the leveling legs as needed to get it level.:D Just plug it in and run!

Make sure the motor is running the correct direction to provide oil pressure. Oil pressure is needed to lubricate the bearings in the headstock and operate the spindle brake, provided the spindle brake is not wore out. Might be nice to change the oil in the headstock, a good R & O 32 hydraulic oil or one of the Mobil oils, work too. Other than that, its ready to operate.

Ken

Thanks for the info. I will watch for the "new" manual. The electrician at work did hook it up and was running backwards. He's going to reverse rotation today. Would it be possible to get a link to the website your referencing? I'm not the one that downloaded the PDF file and would save me a trip to the office and trying to find who downloaded the file and if he still has the link.

Back