What's new
What's new

Cincinnati 2ML - New Owner

marcbark

Plastic
Last fall I picked up a Cincinnati 2ML from a local university. It appears to be in good shape, most everything feels tight, and moves as I believe it should but I have a question before putting power to it, that I'm hoping the forum here can help me with. The main spindle, regardless of which gear it's in, or rotational direction or any other settings, it is free to spin, with no gear engagement. Is this normal? I would have thought that when the clutch was engaged, it would cause the spindle to turn the gears. I've tried manually spinning the drive motor to make sure that the gear train is good all the way to the spindle, but I've never been able to get the spindle to turn by this method. Is there something that I'm missing?

After reading the information provided in the provided link, it sounds like the spindle should engage only when there is hydraulic pressure, i.e., when the main motor is under power, and at speed. (basically, my hand spinning of the motor was insufficient to get the hydraulic pressure up to engage gears). Sound like something I'm going to have to check once I have power.

See if you are in spindle forward or backward. If you have a start handle on the left side of the machine, engage it to ingage the clutches.Try to turn the spindle then,you won't have the hydraulic running, but the clutch is ingage.Not sure of the spindle speed when they shut it down.
When you get power to it. Take the 1/4 inch pipe plug from the center of the gear shifter bracket at the top. put a 500 psi gage in the spot. Open the back door on the column. At the left bottom of the pully there is a cap, take it off and set the pressure at 200 to 210 Psi/

Back