What's new
What's new

Cincinnati 2U horizontal serial number

Mick80

Plastic
Hi all- just wanting to positively identify a Cincinnati horizontal mill which is several hundred kilometres from me that I can't see in person at the moment. The owner says it's a model 2U with swivel table.

It's serial number is: 2A3UIL 87

It doesn't have an arbor or arbor support. It takes a NMTB50 taper which I have an adaptor and arbor in NMTB40.

I'd like to find out what HP the motor is, what the weight is (owner thinks 7000lb but from what I've seen it should be only 4000lbs) and what the difference between other model 2's is.

Thanks for any assistance.IMG_8817.jpgIMG_3065.jpg

The 1L refers to 1942. The 2A says its a Medium Speed Dial Type. Top end will be 450 RPM

I'd be surprised if any dial type was under 7000 lbs, but that is just me guessing

Serial also plainly says 3U, so it is not a #2

The 2A is design or series related, not size related

The 1L refers to 1942. The 2A says its a Medium Speed Dial Type. Top end will be 450 RPM

I'd be surprised if any dial type was under 7000 lbs, but that is just me guessing

Serial also plainly says 3U, so it is not a #2

The 2A is design or series related, not size related

Thanks for sharing that johnoder. It would definitely be too much machine for my poor shed to handle! Not to mention the meter box! Shame as the price was right.

Thanks for sharing that johnoder. It would definitely be too much machine for my poor shed to handle! Not to mention the meter box! Shame as the price was right.
Im in the same boat with a mazak i just bought and got talked into storing it in a warehouse till i get my garage ready for the 15k lb and 10ft high and wide beast.....i couldnt say no to the price of a fully functioning cnc. So now im jumping thru hoops and spending mad money to make a dream a reality. I live by the moto you only live once so if you want to do it........DO IT!!! LOL rebuild if you need to, reinforce if you need to lol. We are machinists and we can do anything we put our minds too......except spell correctly.....haha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Back