What's new
What's new

cincinnati hawk 200 need help with spindle acceleration

dbensavage

Plastic
I bought a Cincinnati Hawk 200 a couple of years ago. Basically right after I installed it the hard drive died. Like the second day so never even figured out how to run it at that point. I bought a pre programmed hard drive and got it up and running and have been using it not for a about a year and a half. The only issue I have is that if I try to start the spindle at anything over about 850 rpms the machine will through an error and shut down as if I hit the e stop. I then have to completely shut it down and reboot it. It seems to me that it is trying to spool up too quickly. I have gone into the configuration and tried changing the accel rate numbers but it does appear to have any effect at all. Can anyone tell me how I might be able to slow down the spindle acceleration? While I can use the lathe as it is, 1000 rpms doesn't really cut it(LOL). If I program it to run 900 and start the program with the feed rate knob all the way down then turn it up to full over ride I can get about 1200 but that's a pain and the first time you forget to turn the feed override back down then hit the start button your done.

Back