What's new
What's new

Cincinnati Hydrashift Lathe Missing Part - Dimension Help Needed

Elwood1968

Cast Iron
I removed the headstock end cover on my recently acquired Cincinnati Hydrashift 12-1/2 x 36 lathe, and discovered that the brake/clutch linkage pressure bar and spring are missing. From the parts diagram, I think this bar helps to return the linkage to neutral after pressure is released on the hand lever(s) used to apply the brake. It should be mounted and pivot on the left most pin in the red box below:

attachment.php

While the bar looks to be a simple piece of square stock with some holes and a pin in one end to hook the spring, I'm not sure of the dimensions. If anyone has a Hydrashift (the same bar was used in all models from the 10" up through the 26", but the spring from the 10" and 12-1/2 swing models has a different part number than the spring for the larger models) and would be willing to measure the pressure bar (item 51, p/n 607705) (length, width, thickness, and spacing of the holes), and the diameter and length of the spring pin (item 56, p/n 606609), I'd very much appreciate the assistance. And perhaps the diameter, wire thickness, overall length, and number of coils in the spring (item 57, p/n 607836). Thanks!

attachment.php

Back