What's new
What's new

Cincinnatti Hydrashift NOT SHIFTING

bobleon

Plastic
Hello All

Need help finding the filters. I'm new to this site. Looks like some good talent here.

I have an 18" x 72" Hydrashift lathe that does not shift. We have owned this machine for 20+ years, but have not used it much in the past 5.

We did some searching on this forum and discovered that the cause might be clogged filters. We took the unit apart...and found one of the two filters...but not the second one. Hoping to try BACKFLUSHING it.

I can post some pictures if that will help. For starters just seeing if anybody is tuned in to this post.

bob leonard

There's a governor pump that lets it decide when to shift (when governor pressure drops it allows the shift), then there is the actual hydraulic pump that provides shift pressure. PM me your email addy and I'll pass along a PDF repair manual somebody sent me when I had to repair one last year. Will also help if you will put a location in your profile so somebody close might can get with you in person (location is actually required on this forum).

will do but we will need to reassemble the unit first
we actually have TWO of these Hydrashifts (the other one is smaller only a 15")
We can use that one to learn to check the pressure. We do have a manual and it describes the process but we have yet to perform the pressure check.

Apologies for jumping on the bandwagon but I too have a Hydrashift, a 32 x 144" if I recall off the top of my head. It's sitting right now with a similar problem. If I could request this repair manual also I will send you a PM. I won't bug you unless you say it's ok.

Thanks!

bobleon, you didn't give your email address in your PM. I responded to your PM with my email, but have not heard from you.

RTM, message me your email addy and I'll be glad to send the manual. Somebody here sent it to me when I was working on one here local, so I would be more than happy to pay it forward.

If memory serves me correctly part of maintenance procedure is to wash out with kerocene it think it was annually

Happy Hunting
archie
18 X 96 Hydrashift

Mine is up and running

Back