What's new
What's new

Cinncinnati 42" shaper 4 page Brochure went for $128.05 on ebay!

tjs42

Hot Rolled
Item #140989092834. Who says the economy is bad if someone can afford to fork that kind of $ for a 4 page brochure? Way out of my budget range. Probably be copies available soon for $10 each on ebay. maybe I'll buy one at that price.

Yep, was wanting that brochure too, figured I would go $25 or so, guess I was thinking a bit low! I did however save the pictures of it, they were good enough you could zoom in and read about the features. Seems it used a screw drive ram with helical gears and hydraulic clutch packs for the drive. Variable speed stroke but constant return of 400 fpm. That ram would really be sailing at long strokes! Quite a overhang on that long of a table without an outboard support too. I have posted a picture of one that was in the back of a Cincinnati brochure but always wondered if they actually built it, this would seem to indicate that they did, wonder how many were sold?

Thanks for bringing that to light. knowing that other people have the same odd obsessions makes me feel a little better. I only do it for machines I own (so far), but have put insane bids on original brochures and manuals in the past to make sure I got them. I've spent more than $200 on a brochure. There were lots of bidders so I wasn't the only nut job, I mean, the other guy I beat was willing to pay what I paid for it, I was just willing to pay more than him.

Something wrong with me I'm certain, but flipping through 40's and 50's American machine tool brochures and manuals is really enjoyable and relaxing to me.

The 10% of machines I have bought that came with manuals had books that were trashed. When I see a *perfect* manual or brochure from the 40's or 50's for a machine I own I get this strange urge, I have to buy it.

Hi all: Yep Ebay has gotten crazy.. Ebay use to be a place where people got rid of things they didn't want or need allowing someone else to get a bargain... I once bought a rotary table drive bracket for my Kearney and Trecker 2d tool and die mill for five dollars as no one knew what it was...
Ebay like so many other things today has been bastardized by greed and what people are willing to pay for things.. Ebay loves it of course as they make more money that way.. Ramsay 1:(

Boy are some people ever gullible. If they would only come here first, they would most likely get any manual they want. Try this link to Vintage Machinery for those "so-called" obsolete manuals.... Nice part is that they are "FREE" to download. So what if you don't have a hard copy.... Just my 2¢ though

Johnny V
NRA Endowment Life Member

:cheers: "Something wrong with me I'm certain, but flipping through 40's and 50's American machine tool brochures and manuals is really enjoyable and relaxing to me." Garwood

I got an Acme-Gridley manual from ebay. Actually it wasnt the exact one i was looking for, and i thought i paid too much for it, but i didnt pay $300, so i feel better now. Actually i learned a few things from it. Ive seen those machines run, but never set one up.

I was bidding on that one as well. I thought that I was going large at $40. Ah well, I hope that whoever bought it enjoys it. I did end up getting a bunch of the other brochures from the same seller but at a far more reasonable price.

Item #140989092834. Who says the economy is bad if someone can afford to fork that kind of $ for a 4 page brochure? Way out of my budget range. Probably be copies available soon for $10 each on ebay. maybe I'll buy one at that price.

It's an obsession to have all the documents.
Money is cheap. They make more every day!

Back