What's new
What's new

Collets

Dms 2005

Plastic
Purchased a cincinnati cinova 80 205-12 universal milling machine. I've got R8 collets from my old mill. But this machine is a 50 taper with no tooling or holders or adapters. Was wondering which style of collets would be best to get me started... For holding end mills and such. So I can get a 50 taper adapter to hold such collets... Until I can afford to buy the individual holders.

I've got R8 collets from my old mill. But this machine is a 50 taper

That's leap is actually funny as hell!!

Budget is tight, get a few good downsize adapters to 40-taper that run true.

Way more NMTB 40 and CAT 40 out there cheap than CAT50, and it is way lighter to handle and smaller to store.

The big 50 can put severe stress on a collet system. I'd want to start collecting side-lock holders as a priority.

ER 40 goods CAN be right cheap, might be your best initial start. I have them for nearly everything now, even though reserved as a last resort 'coz I usually have something BETTER as well.

2CW

That's kind of like asking what kind of adapter can I use to drive upholstery tacks with my 16 lb. sledge hammer.

But

Something like this.
Collis Collet Chuck NMTB # 5 Series TG15 & Wrench USA | eBay

available for either TG or ER collets.

CarlBoyd

Got mine direct from MariTool for not so much more as to hurt the budget.

Only problem is how to stop drooling over the quality.

Lovely kit, and made in USA. Or at least Illinois...

:)

I have the same mill- total beast! Mine is not a universal, but does have a powered overarm.

My go to holder is a TG-100 collet holder. The collets were available cheaply when I picked it up and it can hold fairly large tooling. After that I have some straight end mill holders in even bigger sizes.

Still love my little R8 bridgeport sitting across the aisle from it though. Kinda like having a sports car and a pick-up truck.

Pete

Back