What's new
What's new

Giddings and Lewis Bickford 24

osborne77

Plastic
Looking for some info on this machine. It has some issues. Would like to find a parts and operating manual.

Looking for some info on this machine. It has some issues. Would like to find a parts and operating manual.

Sometimes.. best one can find are dealers who have listed the specs. My AB5/S was like that. Factory (Alzmetall) & US Distributor (Willis) no longer support it. At all.

This may add to your "shop notes" on your one.

http://www.adamsmachinery.com/drill/hd540.htm

There may be others.

Sometimes.. best one can find are dealers who have listed the specs. My AB5/S was like that. Factory (Alzmetall) & US Distributor (Willis) no longer support it. At all.

This may add to your "shop notes" on your one.

http://www.adamsmachinery.com/drill/hd540.htm

There may be others.

I found that link. That's the only one I have been able to find. That one has the square table and base. Mine is a round base and table. Pretty sure it is almost identical to a super service Cincinnati Bickford. The power feed stop is different from the pictures I've seen. Would love to have a manual. I called a company I found and they are suppose to quote me a manual. I'm thinking $$$$$$ tho. Thanks for link tho.

I have a giddings and lewis post drill 24 inch round column. look on you tube under machinery consultants giddings and lewis post drill 24 inch its an old video about 8 years ago. I bought this from them the book they sent me is copy it is from cincinatti bickford I don't think it has the different quill stop that you are talking about, it sure is a nice drill.

I have a giddings and lewis post drill 24 inch round column. look on you tube under machinery consultants giddings and lewis post drill 24 inch its an old video about 8 years ago. I bought this from them the book they sent me is copy it is from cincinatti bickford I don't think it has the different quill stop that you are talking about, it sure is a nice drill.

Thanks. I'll look for the video. The Cincinnati's I've seen have a dial type stop. This one doesn't. It was built 1965. I think I have found a manual for it tho. I have a lot of work to do on it. It wasn't taken very good care of by the previous owner.

We have a smaller G&L Bickford drill at work. 9" column, 5ft arm, serial number is -65, so assume it is also a 1965 model. Has a dial type stop and also a tapping feature that uses the dial locked to the feed handles to trip a microswitch that reverses the spindle motor.

Back