What's new
What's new

K&t 10hp-3ch Mill

I have the parts manual

Hi, I have the parts manual. Send me a private message with your address and I will mail you a Xerox copy. I also have a 10hp 3CH. Mine is horizontal with a vertical head. Awesome machines!:D

Forrest

Pics K&t Mill

HERE ARE SOME PICS OF MY K&T 10HP-3CH MILL.

S4200005.jpg

S4200006.jpg

S4200007.jpg

S4200008.jpg

S4200009.jpg

S4200010.jpg

Kearney Trecker 10HP-3CH universal horizontal mill serial #18-7244

I've recently acquired a Kearney Trecker model 10HP-3CH horizontal universal mill. Does anyone have or know where to find a wiring diagram. This unit is not clutched as the other mills I've ran ( all electric). Also looking for the dividing head and related gearing. Anyone know the age from serial # ? Thanks.

Johnoder. Do you know what the letter designation means, H, CH, K etc. Are the dividing heads different sizes for different mills. Would really like to be able to helical mill. Thanks

Just a heads up on the electric clutch idea, it may also be equipped with the electric brake as in a plug reversing switch mounted on the outside of the clutch hub. If so, it will not tolerate running in reverse rotation from the arrow indication on the pulley. My 310CH is so equipped and also has the neat little worm drive motor that slowly rotates the gear train when the gear select lever pin is retracted to change spindle speeds.

Johnoder. Do you know what the letter designation means, H, CH, K etc. Are the dividing heads different sizes for different mills. Would really like to be able to helical mill. Thanks

The letters are design series. In general terms the H was small and compact while the K was full size. The K in the #2 size shares some castings with the H in the #3 size. A 2K weighs not quite twice what a 2H weighs. An added C on the front of H or K means a later version beefed up for using carbide cutting tools as they existed 65 years ago

Dividing heads are worthless (for helical milling) without their dedicated driving gear boxes/equipment made for that size machine. There were H and K dividing heads, each available in multiple sizes. A 3CH will want a 10" Model H with either the Conventional or Low Lead driving gear box made for a 3CH and having all those related pieces/change gears. The drives are much harder to find than the DHs. Many went on the shelf the day the machine came in new and were promptly lost track of. Being entirely mysterious to many folks they were easy to toss in the dumpster at the soonest opportunity

I wasn't sure what size dividing head I needed. I know where a drive for a 1H is but I don't think it's going to work for my mill. At least I know what I'm looking for now. Thanks.

I wasn't sure what size dividing head I needed. I know where a drive for a 1H is but I don't think it's going to work for my mill. At least I know what I'm looking for now. Thanks.

I don't have a Low Lead gear box that will fit your mill but I Do have a complete conventional lead that will fit your machine. If you could get ahold of the 1H LL I'd be willing to make a trade and kick in some cash at my end. Only if the 1H LL is complete with all the worm/wheels and change gears. Shoot me a pm if your interested.

Andy

Back