What's new
What's new

K&T 1H and 2HL spindles

leeko

Stainless
Hi all,

From my understanding, the only difference between the K&T 1H and 2HL was the size of the table. Can anyone confirm for me: are the spindles from a 1H and 2HL (both swivel head versions) interchangeable?

And/or: could the complete head assembly from a 1H be grafted onto a 2HL and vise-versa?

Thanks,

Lee

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

The parts manual says those spiral gears are shipped in mated sets only.
Wouldn't stop me, but just wondering how big of a problem it would be if two non matched gears were used.

Thanks for the info. Think I'll still bid on it, though - haven't seen any other options for a replacement spindle come up in the last few months....

The parts manual says those spiral gears are shipped in mated sets only.
Wouldn't stop me, but just wondering how big of a problem it would be if two non matched gears were used.

Probably would be noisy if mismatched as in hypoid gears in motor vehicles... Gears are probably lapped at the factory for proper mesh and quiet operation....

Don't know if you found a spindle , but just skimming through Lostcreekmachine out in Ottawa, Il and just saw that they have a 1h-18 vertical for sale and they say it has a 50nmtb spindle. Wonder if the heads are interchangeable from a 1h vert to 1h-18. Just putting that out there. Mike

The 12 and 18 were manufacturing mills - 5" less cross travel for one thing. Regular had 8", 12 and 18 had 3" - I.E. NOT AS VERSATILE - made for the same part day in and day out - and likely cost less money

What's the difference between the 1h-18 and a regular 1h?

Thx

Back