What's new
What's new

K&T 205 S12 Horizontal Mill Guidance

bsg

Titanium
I just traded for a 205 S12 that's been sitting for at least thirty years, the machine was on the floor for sale at a local machinery dealer who is a friend of mine.

The original owner passed away over ten years ago and basically wanted too much for the machine when he was alive!

The machine was sprayed down with different rust protectors over the years and now is caked on......I'm going to clean it the best I can and get it running to make sure everything works before I start to disassemble the machine.

I downloaded the maintenance manual for the machine, but wanted to know if there is any thing in particular to beware of before I start to take the machine apart? I'm also going to need manuals for the machine, anybody know where to get them besides eBay?

I'm looking for some parts and accessories for the machine as well, right now I have the universal milling head and one overarm support. I also have a Tri-D head but nothing else to mount it on a machine or drive it for that matter.

This machine has the optional tool steel ways also which I never heard of before.

Any and all help would be appreciated!

Kevin

Ive got the exploded view and other manuals for the 415 S15. There are some similarities in the design. PM me

Thanks markp for the offer, I was able to get a copy of a 307 S12 manual, I will keep an eye out for 205 manual as well.

Can someone tell me when the machine was built, serial number 16 9414?

I also need help trying to free up the over arms, they are not budging?
I was wondering if the plugs on top of the machine would give better access to spray some lube on the arms, they have a tapped hole I'm assuming for some sort of slide hammer removal tool?

Any ideas?

Thanks again.

Kevin

A whole lot of nice people posted up some great info on vintage machinery. Let's see some pictures. One of the over arms was stuck on my machine too. The clamp was stuck in the down position. Once I got it freed up and moving with some PB blaster, the over arm slides with one hand.
Kearney & Trecker Co. - Publication Reprints | VintageMachinery.org

I did see that website.....I will post pictures when I can get the machine in position and ready to work on it.

I will also post pictures during teardown, cleaning and reassembly.

Kevin

I have decided to part with this machine if anyone is looking for a nice mill!
The reason for the sale, I wanted the machine for couple of large projects that I have since decided not to pursue.

I will post pictures and the link in the for sale section as soon as I can.

I'm asking $2500 loaded on your trailer, it will include the vertical head and one overarm support.

I maybe able to put power to the machine and demonstrate if your interested?

Kevin

Back