What's new
What's new

Cincinnati Tables of Leads

johnoder

Diamond
The nearly 2800 selections of four gear trains for leads from 2.500" to 107.843"

For the equipment specified

Gives one an appreciation of the efforts expended to accommodate a wide range of possibilities - when doing such as helical gears

Dated March 1960 but no mention of Copyright

Mailed from their Marburg Avenue address August 1967 to St. Edward High School in Lakewood, Ohio

A wall chart, two sided, 17 1/2" X 22 1/2" - a gift to me several years ago from a member that - I think - immigrated to NZ

There are 12 images in a total of three posts

Attachments

• Cincinnati Leads_01.jpg
    Cincinnati Leads_01.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 98
  • Cincinnati Leads_02.jpg
    Cincinnati Leads_02.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 72
  • Cincinnati Leads_03.jpg
    Cincinnati Leads_03.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 105
  • Cincinnati Leads_04.jpg
    Cincinnati Leads_04.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 80
  • Cincinnati Leads_05.jpg
    Cincinnati Leads_05.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 53
The next five

Attachments

• Cincinnati Leads_10.jpg
    Cincinnati Leads_10.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Cincinnati Leads_09.jpg
    Cincinnati Leads_09.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Cincinnati Leads_08.jpg
    Cincinnati Leads_08.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Cincinnati Leads_07.jpg
    Cincinnati Leads_07.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 74
  • Cincinnati Leads_06.jpg
    Cincinnati Leads_06.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 37
Mr. Oder,

Thank you very much for posting these, stored in the folder for my 2MI. As you mentioned on the effort, it wouldn't be a small effort doing it in a spreadsheet. Much more daunting by hand and then having it independently checked afterward. I would think it was very iterative and this chart represents a pretty hefty stack of paper. Have a Happy New Year, Brian

Enjoy, Brian.:) Hope the PDF was a little easier to make out

Mr. Oder,

Thank you very much for posting these, stored in the folder for my 2MI. As you mentioned on the effort, it wouldn't be a small effort doing it in a spreadsheet. Much more daunting by hand and then having it independently checked afterward. I would think it was very iterative and this chart represents a pretty hefty stack of paper. Have a Happy New Year, Brian

John,
Are these from "Darkreamer", back in '09? Didn't know he went to NZ.
http://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...heavy-iron/cinci-dividing-lead-charts-186781/

Seems so Ray - small world. As I somewhat recall, he was offered something there (NZ) he wasn't going to pass up

My early intent was to have them professionally scanned - but all those big enough scanners at my usual reprographics house suppose the scanned doc can be bent around rollers in the process This big one is very heavy "board" not suited for that.

Back