What's new
What's new

K&T 2D lubricating spindle slide

PaulO_UK

Plastic
I have just got my K&T 2D converted to single phase and running nicely, and have been getting to grips with the lubrication. One instruction in the manual has me flummoxed as I cannot find the copper tubes:
FullSizeRender.jpg

I have offset the slide by 100mm (4 inches) and fully rotated the head but cannot see the copper tubes. Given the cautionary warning below I don't want to just throw oil in the holes I can see up top. Can someone post a photo of their tubes so that I can see where they should be?

I have just got my K&T 2D converted to single phase and running nicely, and have been getting to grips with the lubrication. One instruction in the manual has me flummoxed as I cannot find the copper tubes:
View attachment 219164

I have offset the slide by 100mm (4 inches) and fully rotated the head but cannot see the copper tubes. Given the cautionary warning below I don't want to just throw oil in the holes I can see up top. Can someone post a photo of their tubes so that I can see where they should be?

Look inside under the top cover with the rotary head off zero probably at 180 degrees and you will see two little stand pipes with wicks in them..Fill to the top with machine oil such as 32, 46, or 68 hydraulic oil will work...The copper tubes are inside of the stand pipes and hold the cotton wicks...There are two of these oilers..These oilers rotate with the head you will will have to rotate the head to find them.. They are also recessed as in the pic..Ramsay 1:)

Attachments

• wick.JPG
    wick.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 88
That’s it, Don’t forget like Ramsay1 said, there are 2 stand pipes. I use a tube to get oil down to it. Don’t forget to grease the rotating head while it’s turning, mine was bone dry.

Andy

Back