What's new
What's new

k&t 307 s12 questions???

boomerang69

Aluminum
Happy New Year everyone,I recently purchased a 307 s12 vertical and its being shipped next week and was wondering how much it weighs.I may need to rent a forklift if its over 8000#.Also I would like your opinions if anyone has one of these.Thanks

Quite a few pubs available at Vintage Machinery / Kearney Trecker / Publications Reprints

Lightest #3 vertical in '57 catalog was 3CH at 8150 - be safe to assume yours was more

The Installation Manual says - like it has for years - to use 1 1/2" Manila rope for lifting - link says it has 16,000 Lb breaking strength

Manila Rope 1/4 to 2 Inch Diameter

Ive got the operator, maintenance, and parts manuals in pdf form if you need them. Later version of the manuals from 1993. Ive got a 415 S15. No mention of rope in the manuals! I think my version is around 11k lbs. I lifted it with a 10 ton lift OK.

I'd really appreciate those manuals,what do I need to do.Are you happy with your mill,I've had older model k&t's ,the largest being a #3 horizontal with vertical attachment.I wished I still had them they were nice machines.

I'd really appreciate those manuals,what do I need to do.Are you happy with your mill,I've had older model k&t's ,the largest being a #3 horizontal with vertical attachment.I wished I still had them they were nice machines.

Yes, It was cheap and I mostly use it to square steel/stainless chunks for the CNC's or machine large weldments. It will swing an 8" insert facemill very nicely! PM me your email. Mark

Back