What's new
What's new

K&T 315 with universal head and tooling in Wisconsin

gi_984

Aluminum
Good morning,
Just a heads up for anyone looking for a good K&T horizontal. Local shop, who I've done business with, is selling off a mill to make room for a new CNC. No skin in the game, just helping an associate out.
It is a model 315 TF series in very good condition. Well maintained. Has a 50 NMTB spindle. Comes with the universal head and a cabinet of tooling. Under power and still used occasionally. He wants less than 3K. If I had room for this it would already be in my shop. PM for contact info.KTfront.jpgktleft.jpgktright.jpg

I've seen it running in his shop. Very nice machine. Just makes me sick thinking it might get scrapped. Wish I had the room.

i wish things like this would come up in my area. i would love to have a machine like this. too bad shipping these things so expensive and hard

John, does the catalog say what the height is? Any other dimensions?
I don't have that catalog. Several members have sent me messages asking for dimensions.

"The TF 315 weighed 10,550 in the '57 catalog"

No dimensions except table size, ranges of travels. It will be a tall one with the vertical head lift installed, it comes off of course. I'll bet the seller would find a little time to say just how tall.

Its a #3 - so not a giant - you could buy a #6 then that weighed nearly 18K

A look thru here will give a little idea - like PDF page 19 - no 315 TF yet, not yet for sale, but look at its immediate predecessor (in the #3 size) - the 30/15 CSM Plain - then at 9800 Lbs

(I think VM said this was a 1953 Pub)

http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/2098/6762.pdf

John, does the catalog say what the height is? Any other dimensions?
I don't have that catalog. Several members have sent me messages asking for dimensions.

"The TF 315 weighed 10,550 in the '57 catalog"

Steve, thanks for the dimensions. Hope that helps some folks decide along with John's info on weight. Deals like this are why I'm planning on a new shop!

Me too Chris. I've passed on a Monarch 24 x 72 for $1500 just an hr & a half away & a Cincinnati overarm drill for $500 only half an hr away because I could not make myself store them under tarps in the driveway.

In other news it only cost $1000 to get my Van Norman mill delivered from LA (in CA) to LA (next to TX). Should be better deals for shorter trips out there.

Back