What's new
What's new

cinncinati bickford super service

romie24

Hot Rolled
Would anyone know where I could get a part number for the cartridge type oil filter in the head of a 1952 4'-11" drill press stated in the title. I have a general operators manual and it dosent mention type or parts number. I hate to wait until next week to call Gidding & Lewis. Any info would be highly appeciated. Thanks and Happy New Year. mike

Might want to run it down to the local hydraulic supply. May very well be a standard hydraulic filter unit.

Have a cart filter on my shaper. When I reworked it, I took the filter cart out, gave it a REAL good going over in the parts washer, blew it out real good with an air hose and put it back in. The filter was so big (as big as an old large automotive filter), the duty so light, and the flow little enough, I figure it'll last another 40 or so years... by which time, I likely will not be the one cleaning or replacing it.

I will probably have to wait until Monday to call the service dept from Giddings and Lewis, I was just hoping to find a part number so I could cross reference and get it cheaper. I think they won't give me the part number and charge me 50 or more bucks for a filter that hasn't been changed out in a machine from the Aurora Cat plant since 1952. My dad bought the machine and never maintained it but now it's my job, and my dad retired from the Joilet Cat plant. Ain't it funny. Thanks mike

Back