What's new
What's new

k&t dividing head, what model is it??

sks72107

Plastic
Hello all I've been looking to further outfit my k&t mill and picked up this dividing head the other day. I've read and read on the different h & k model differences. But nothing I've read seems to answer my question as to what model I actually have. So here is a few pic that maybe somebody can id what I have. It's got a big taper hole for spindle well bigger that my 40 taper. Would this be a 50 taper? It has you classic 3 layers of paint and grime but appears to be tight. It doesn't have the extra hump on the body but does have the to dividing plates that are screwed together. Thanks.

Thank you sir. I always thought the k had that additional hump in the casing. But anyway, I'm anxious to tear this thing apart and clean it up and maybe even use it someday!! But before I tear into this too far I need to get my monarch 12ck put back together.

Thank you sir. I always thought the k had that additional hump in the casing. But anyway, I'm anxious to tear this thing apart and clean it up and maybe even use it someday!! But before I tear into this too far I need to get my monarch 12ck put back together.

Not all Mod H have a hump.... Ramsay 1:)

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 1,237
K&T model H 12" with no hump.

Not all Mod H have a hump.... Ramsay 1:)

I have a K&T Model H with no Hump. Its a 12" Dividing head and very nice to use.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 257
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 186
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 250
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 208
I think the 12 inch mod h were a bit rare though I have a brochure showing them... I recently acquired a late model probably sixties 10 model K with tailstock and am looking fwd to using the unit.. I cannot however drive it by power from the low lead attachment on my 2hl universal.. The shafts do not line up.. Ramsay 1:)

I have a Low Lead attachment that lines up perfectly on my K&T Model K #2. I would however be willing to trade it for a Standard Lead attachment, if anyone is interested. ShopMan

Info on Low Lead

Here are some photos with serial number and all the gears that I have. Let me know if you are interested in a trade.
Please note that the low lead is more expensive than the standard, but I am willing to trade straight up.
ShopMan

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 188
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 175
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 204
  • 2.jpg