What's new
What's new

K&T Low Lead Gears for Trade.

Hobby Shop

Stainless
I have a some Low Lead gears for trade. If you have some 4" 2HL gears and need any of these. Shoot me a pm or email. The model "H" 1:24 wheel looks good but worm is a little rough (rust pitted) but useable.
I'd be willing to trade for a 12"-16" PTO driven rotary table, K&T 10P & 11P change gears or model "H" worm/wheels also.

I'm not sure what the larger 5" gears go to. Maybe the Model "K" LL? The 1:96 have the model number on them.
I'm not interested in selling them as of now, only trade.

Andy

Attachments

• IMG_5650.jpg
    IMG_5650.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_5651.jpg
    IMG_5651.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_5652.jpg
    IMG_5652.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_5653.jpg
    IMG_5653.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
I now have a 1:3 model "H" LL worm/wheel added to the list of gears to trade for some 4" 1HL-2HL LL worms and wheels.

Attachments

• IMG_5679.jpg
    IMG_5679.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_5681.jpg
    IMG_5681.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 173
The hunt is finally over.:smoking: I finally found the last 2 attachments I needed to complete my mill. I found the right LL for my 2CHL yesterday & a 16" PTO driven rotary table today.

I don't need my 1-2HL low lead anymore. I'm not ready to sell it but I'll trade it for a K&T 2D rotary table drive bracket or a heavy duty universal vertical head (with drive gear) that fits a 1-2HL.

All the large 5-1/4" model "K" gears are for sale. I'm keeping the model "H" gears for now. Let me know if there's any interest here before they go to ebay.

Hello Hobby Shop.......I am VERY interested in the LL for a 2HL. I have been searching for one for almost 2 years now with little luck. I wish that I had one of the items you are looking for to trade for the LL, but unfortunately I don't have an extra one of either. Therefore my only option is to plead to your (hopefully) desire to help out another K&T user who is desperately searching for that component. I am certainly willing to purchase it from you, and I will DEFINITELY keep my eyes open for the 2 items you are looking for, and if either is found I will send you the contact info so you can attempt to secure them from whoever is selling them. Please let me know if you would be willing to sell the 2HL LL instead of trading for it.

Thanks for your consideration of this.....

Hello Hobby Shop.......I am VERY interested in the LL for a 2HL. I have been searching for one for almost 2 years now with little luck. I wish that I had one of the items you are looking for to trade for the LL, but unfortunately I don't have an extra one of either. Therefore my only option is to plead to your (hopefully) desire to help out another K&T user who is desperately searching for that component. I am certainly willing to purchase it from you, and I will DEFINITELY keep my eyes open for the 2 items you are looking for, and if either is found I will send you the contact info so you can attempt to secure them from whoever is selling them. Please let me know if you would be willing to sell the 2HL LL instead of trading for it.

Thanks for your consideration of this.....

I know how it goes when trying to find this K&T stuff. It took 3yrs, lots of luck, driving outta state twice & the help of some really nice people to find all the attachments for my mill.

In another thread, I was venting about how a 1-2HL LL has the same serial # as a 2CHL LL but it won't fit because the table ends are different. After that thread I got a few emails from some guys wanting to buy it if I couldn't make it work on my machine.

I'm going to hold on to it for a while and see if someone comes through with a 2D ro-tab drive bracket for trade. I don't need another LL but If you happen to come across a 2H LL, I'd trade it for that and put it on my 307-S12.

Andy

I know how it goes when trying to find this K&T stuff. It took 3yrs, lots of luck, driving outta state twice & the help of some really nice people to find all the attachments for my mill.

In another thread, I was venting about how a 1-2HL LL has the same serial # as a 2CHL LL but it won't fit because the table ends are different. After that thread I got a few emails from some guys wanting to buy it if I couldn't make it work on my machine.

I'm going to hold on to it for a while and see if someone comes through with a 2D ro-tab drive bracket for trade. I don't need another LL but If you happen to come across a 2H LL, I'd trade it for that and put it on my 307-S12.

Andy

I bought a nearly complete LL for a 2hl some years back on ebay for 800 bucks.. It was complete except for the trip shaft though the bearings were in the box... The box also contained an unused arm brace for a 2hl which I sold on ebay as I already had one..The box contained coolant hoses and nozzles as well... I have never seen a LL for sale since that had all the gears.. Mine has every gear that came with it when new...

As for the 2d rotab drive bracket, I saw one on ebay some years back and obviously the seller had no clue as to its use.. The starting bid was 5 dollars so I bid 35 and got it for five plus shipping.. It had never been installed or so it seemed..

It is almost impossible to find deals like those anymore as ebay has become a dealer outlet ...

Like so many things in life, you better get it while you can. Ramsay 1:)

Last edited:
It is almost impossible to find deals like those anymore as ebay has become a dealer outlet ...

Like so many things in life, you better get it while you can. Ramsay 1:)

Surprisingly enough, I found this LL on eBay. I did my morning "machine gear box" search and on the 2nd page, there it was. It took a 1/2 second to realize it was the LL for my mill. Buy it now for $250 or make offer, it will be here Tuesday. It has 4 change gears under the cover but I have no idea if it has a worm/wheel in it. Kinda like Christmas in June. :D

With the exception of the rack milling & tri-D attachments, I think I have every attachment made for a 2CHL. :willy_nilly:

Andy

Surprisingly enough, I found this LL on eBay. I did my morning "machine gear box" search and on the 2nd page, there it was. It took a 1/2 second to realize it was the LL for my mill. Buy it now for $250 or make offer, it will be here Tuesday. It has 4 change gears under the cover but I have no idea if it has a worm/wheel in it. Kinda like Christmas in June. :D

With the exception of the rack milling & tri-D attachments, I think I have every attachment made for a 2CHL. :willy_nilly:

Andy

Congratulations! Any time you are searching for a K&T item, find the lot number on it and go to the K&T section here:

Kearney & Trecker Co. - Publication Reprints | VintageMachinery.org

Notice the lot book that is in four sections which I submitted some time back...This book will in most cases indicate exactly what the K&T item is used on also when it was made and how many... I along with others have submitted publications at that site for all to use.. The site is free of charge unless you want to donate.. I have no affiliation with the owner of the site...

Ramsay 1:)

Adding a few more K&T parts to the list for trade.

Heres what I need.
1) Attachments for a 3CH, (thread milling, universal heavy duty head, shaping, etc.)
2) Rotary table drive bracket for a 2D
3) Worm/wheels & all 11p change gears for a 1-2HL LL
4) Aux. drive shaft with end gear for a 2CHL or 3CH. (An aux. shaft from a 2H will fit my 2CHL)

Here's what I have for trade.
1) Conventional lead box with some change gears. Depending on what you have, I have a complete set of change gears I'll let go with a box.
2) 1-2HL LL without any gears
3) 2H LL with the 1:3 & 1:24 worm/wheels and partial set of 10p change gears.
4) 2H 1:3 worm & wheel
5) 2K-3H 1:24 worm/wheel

Andy

Attachments

• IMG_6153.jpg
    IMG_6153.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_6154.jpg
    IMG_6154.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_6155.jpg
    IMG_6155.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 108
Bumping this one last time. I'm getting ready to move the shop and I'll never use some of this stuf so It's time for it to go. I'm going to eBay all the parts listed but I'd rather make a trade for something I don't have. If you have nice cutter grinder laying around collecting dust or have some of the parts I'm missing for one of my machines..... Let me know, maybe we can something out.

I know I have more but here's a partial list of what's going.
1) 2H LL with 1:3 & 1:24 worm/wheel and some 10p change gears
2) 1-2HL LL with no gears
3) conventional lead box with some change gears
4) 1:3 2H worm/wheel set
5) 2H outboard support bracket

Back