What's new
What's new

leblond lathe

Andy221

Cast Iron
I came across an ad for this lathe and I was hoping to get some info. I don't know what model it is maybe an NA? I'm having a hard time finding anything on the net.

The only thing it says in the ad is it's a 14" swing and 12" between centers.

Kind of a cute little guy. I'm sure I could find some use for it. Maybe I could put it in my spare bedroom lol

16m13i8.jpg

I think that would be called a production lathe, as there doesn't appear to be any provisions for threading. IMO, it can't be cheap enough to be worth dragging home. Hold out for one with threading.

Oh yeah they did. Huh, I can see the picture better on here than the ad.thanks for pointing that out. That's too bad, It would be kinda cool to have something like this in the shop.

I've seen pictures of these leblonds before with the long levers. The one on the right looks to be over a foot long. What model would these be?

Would it be right to guess that they didn't make lathe with this short of bed with a lead screw?

I wish I could find more info on leblond lathes. Minus the regal there seems to be lots of info on them. I have only been able to find what's on lathes.co.uk and there's not much on there, that I saw anyways. I did see the bit about the NFL.

Probably a stout little bastard, good for rapid roughing. If the price was right, i would not shy away from it.

I have worked on a couple of them, I wouldnt mind owning one and leaving it set up for a job. They are stout the ones we had were 7hp they cranked out the chips. We sat on them for years no one wanted them. They had the hard ways and were in decent shape. They were eventually sold to a couple of hobby guys for 500 bucks each.

Back