What's new
What's new

Need help with Cincinnati mill

keithf

Plastic
Hi Experts, I would appreciate your help.

I recently bought this Cincinnati mill at a remote auction:

1(1).jpg

1(3).jpg

More pictures are here - Lot: Cincinnati Cat 4 tapper mill, 1" x 36" table bed | Proxibid Auctions

Please can you help me identify the model and specs, so I can figure out the weight and overall dimensions - I am hoping it is under 5,000lb, and it looks to be less than 6' square?

Any advice on how to dismantle it and move it onto my trailer is also appreciated - I am hoping I can just unbolt it from the floor and load it onto my trailer intact using a forklift with forks placed around the column and under the "T"?

And any advice on if it is a good mill to own, pointers to manuals, etc?

Thank you in advance and happy holidays!

Regards! Keith.

It's a Cincinnati Toolmaster 1-C with single swivel head. They are sometimes called toolmaster with heavy duty head. The net weight in the manual is 2500 lbs. The floor space is listed as 78 1/2" X 83 13/16".
To move it with a fork lift.
Lower the knee all the way down.
Center the table and move the cross slide all the way in toward the column.
Make sure all bolts are tight holding the turret and ram.
Pick it up with the forks under the ram with wood blocks in between the forks and ram.

Andy

Hi Alan and Ron, thank you for the replies - much appreciated!

I will download the manual and get reading!

Thank you again!

C - Mike

Hi Experts, I would appreciate your help.

I recently bought this Cincinnati mill at a remote auction:

1(1).jpg

1(3).jpg

More pictures are here - Lot: Cincinnati Cat 4 tapper mill, 1" x 36" table bed | Proxibid Auctions

Please can you help me identify the model and specs, so I can figure out the weight and overall dimensions - I am hoping it is under 5,000lb, and it looks to be less than 6' square?

Any advice on how to dismantle it and move it onto my trailer is also appreciated - I am hoping I can just unbolt it from the floor and load it onto my trailer intact using a forklift with forks placed around the column and under the "T"?

And any advice on if it is a good mill to own, pointers to manuals, etc?

Thank you in advance and happy holidays!

Regards! Keith.

Look on the right upper face of the table and get a serial number. It may be on the bottom of the oil info tag too. May have to clean off the right front a little bit to see it.

Book Pub. No. 2318-1 Toolmaster ! C states the machine may be lifted by a sling around the turret. Have saddle in the inner position and overarm fully retracted and clamped. Less chance of tipping it over

Back