What's new
What's new

Please Help with Cincinnati Contourmaster

carbarys

Plastic
Hello to all, This is the first time I have ever posted on this forum. I have recently purchased from an auction for $525(does this seem like a good deal?) a Old Cincinnati Contour Master and don't know anything about the machine other than it is in great shape and in very good condition, all the axies are tight and have very little slope, the only thing I noticed right off the bat is that the drive belt that turns the spindle is gone. Any help or advice on manuals or parts that you guys could give would be greatly appreciated!!
I have the serial #7J1H5E-15 and a number that I found located on the Knee of the mill 7JK/5C30-3 model # or just a part # I'm not sure? I have read on this forum about a lot of people having Tool Masters but I haven't seen to much on a Contour Master. I would be more than happy to post some pics. if need be if I can figure to how to do that. Again thanks for any help!!!!!!

I have owned one of the ContourMasters for several years. It's a good mill. I don't have any manuals. They were designed as tracer mills, with a hydraulic tracer mounted to the right side of the head which followed a 'master' and moved the quill up and down to cut a duplicate of the master. The master and blank were often set up on dual rotary tables that turned together. My mill has ball screws on the X and Y axes. I have the hydraulic unit for power to these two axes, but did not get the tracer unit.
I added a VFD to slow the motor down for boring larger holes, and a digital read out. It does a very nice job. Sounds like you got a good price. Good luck.
Barron

thanks for the reply

Barron thanks for the reply
I just have a few questions for you if you don't mind?
1. do you still have your mill?
2. if so could you help me at all with the drive belt that drives the spindle maybe a replacement or a part number?
3. do you still use monoset collets or do you have a diferent setup?

thanks Steve

Carbarys,
Sorry, I just saw your post! I do still have the mill, it is my only vert. mill. I'll be at my shop tomorrow and will see about a number on the drive belt. It's a toothed belt... I think I bought it locally when I got the mill.
I have the monoset collets, 1/8 to 3/4". They work well, but wish they went to 1". I really like the hydraulic feed with the ball screws. It is very smooth and has microswitch adjustable stops that sre very accurate.
Barron

Hi there!, I know, it's an old thread. But I'm just buying a concinnati contourmaster, and I'm looking for some information. I Wonder if someone have a manual about this machine? Thank's a lot, Yo

Hi there!, I know, it's an old thread. But I'm just buying a concinnati contourmaster, and I'm looking for some information. I Wonder if someone have a manual about this machine? Thank's a lot, Yo

I have a contourmaster. I should have the manual also.

Back