What's new
What's new

Rare!! Cincinnati 8"x18" tool and die miller

zgoo

Hot Rolled
I just got in a Rare Cincinnati 8"x18" tool and die miller and I have search all over for pictures of it and besides the archive site, I can't find one any where. What a machine, it just came out of 20 year storage, I dry ice blast cleaned it and removed a few layers of paint down to the nice dark gray factory paint. I was shock that everything works and is super smooth due to the ball screws used on it. Inside the electrical cabinet is a work of art!! Just looks brand new inside. I'm looking for any manuals for it or if anybody knows of anybody that has one of these rare mills please let me know. Thanks [email protected]

Attachments

• img25.jpg
    img25.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 934
Last edited:
Nope, I'm still finding super rare machines and having fun doing. I talked to Don years ago about it and I'm not going to sell any machine here, just showing off machines like everybody else and getting free advice and help! Anybody know of a owners manual for one of these machines??

Also, the spindle is a 30 taper and it came with three different 30 taper collet holders that fit the spindle and the 30 taper are bolted in from the bottom of the taper into the spindle with four bolts? One of the collet holders for ZZ collets and two are the cincinnati collets. Thank god that it came with a set of them because from what I've read they are hard to find and are expensive?

Mister Honey, The miller is a lot different then the Contour master, take a look at the pictures, the base and the head?? I can't find anybody that owns one??

Its not a 360 tracer. Its a depth tracer using a timplet. That picture shows tracing off a model. I know four different tracer and how to set the timing. Even back to the doggle box.

The mill I have is just like the picture and also has the shaper attachment too. Could you describe how a depth tracer is used? Thanks

Also, the spindle is a 30 taper and it came with three different 30 taper collet holders that fit the spindle and the 30 taper are bolted in from the bottom of the taper into the spindle with four bolts? One of the collet holders for ZZ collets and two are the cincinnati collets. Thank god that it came with a set of them because from what I've read they are hard to find and are expensive?

I had one similar years ago. The collet had the same dimensions as a 40 taper. The tracer was 3D.

Nope, I'm still finding super rare machines and having fun doing. I talked to Don years ago about it and I'm not going to sell any machine here, just showing off machines like everybody else and getting free advice and help! Anybody know of a owners manual for one of these machines??

If you happen to run across the owners manuals for the machines I bought from you and you said you had, but could never find please let me know.

If you ever do find them I'd appreciate it if you could shove them way up your ass and go fuck yourself.

If you happen to run across the owners manuals for the machines I bought from you and you said you had, but could never find please let me know.

If you ever do find them I'd appreciate it if you could shove them way up your ass and go fuck yourself.

Sounds like free advice and help to me. ;)

Well Garwood,

And which machine is that? I don't get butt hurt like you, when you are around used equipment you have to have a tough skin. I can't count the amount of times owners of machines will tell me that the equipment that they are selling me are in perfect shape and when I get the to my shop I find out four gears are out in the head stock or they give the paper work for the machine and its not the right stuff for the machine, oh well move on to the next one. I'm not here to sell anything, just getting free info like you and using this site for free, You should write a check to Don for all the use you get from his fine site but I bet you don't!!

So I'm guessing that to use the depth tracer you just move the table along the X axis so the tracer point makes a pass and then move the Y on the a set amount and make another pass on the X and keep repeating this?? An the quill is the only thing that is moved by the tracer??

We just invested in a couple of Dry Ice Blast cleaning machines, if you guys haven't seen this process used on machine tools you have to see it in action, it is a pretty amazing cleaning process for cleaning machine tools!! Here is a link to us cleaning the inside cover from the belt area on a very dirty Clausing lathe with about an 1/8" of hard tar like dried gears from forty years worth of use.

Dropbox - 217-2-14 22.16.26.mp4

Well Garwood,

And which machine is that? I don't get butt hurt like you, when you are around used equipment you have to have a tough skin. I can't count the amount of times owners of machines will tell me that the equipment that they are selling me are in perfect shape and when I get the to my shop I find out four gears are out in the head stock or they give the paper work for the machine and its not the right stuff for the machine, oh well move on to the next one. I'm not here to sell anything, just getting free info like you and using this site for free, You should write a check to Don for all the use you get from his fine site but I bet you don't!!

I am one of many business owners you have fucked over.

I bought the machine and was promised the manuals would be shipped to me. They were required to set up and run the machine. Dozens of phone calls, mostly ignored and I never got the manuals.

You have made quite a name for yourself in Portland. Over promise and under deliver. Not sure how you are still in business. By changing your business name every few years?

Back