What's new
What's new

0-80 thread

ptuttle78

Plastic
Has anyone ran a 0-80 unc 2b external thread. All the charts I'm see are showing 2a. Are the dimensions similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why is it, whenever there's a thread started by someone in the Aland Islands, you can never tell if it's just a joke, or if the guy is really that clueless.

The American system of thread designation may be a little baffling to someone who has spent years making metric threads.
If someone has specified 2B for an external thread it is the customer's fault not the machinist's for the confusion.
Ptuttle your dimensions you found for 2a threads will probably be correct for external threads. 2B will be a correct class of fit for internal threads.

The American system of thread designation may be a little baffling to someone who has spent years making metric threads.
If someone has specified 2B for an external thread it is the customer's fault not the machinist's for the confusion.
Ptuttle your dimensions you found for 2a threads will probably be correct for external threads. 2B will be a correct class of fit for internal threads.
No wonder I seen nothing but 2A on external chart. Duh!!! Lol thank you

hy :) from a point of view, they are similar ; you may interpolate if you have data

i will check and reply if i find something :)

theoretical dimensions for 0-80 unf ( it is unf, not unc )
... p = 0.318 / pitch
... D = 1.524 / exterior
... d2 = 1.318 / flanc
... d3 = 1.135 / bottom

there is a mistake somewhere ... like allready had been mentioned A is for father and B for mother :)

why is it, whenever there's a thread started by someone in the Aland Islands, you can never tell if it's just a joke, or if the guy is really that clueless.

Starting to get a little suspicious, I wonder if it some default from the spelling. It would put it right up there as far as the alphabet goes, but the Aland islands are not a country, they are part of Finland. I wonder if the database for PM just uses that?? Milacron??

But I agree 100% WTF? (A little poke) I doubt everyone there is stupid, but everyone who can't figure out how to edit their location????

Starting to get a little suspicious, I wonder if it some default from the spelling. It would put it right up there as far as the alphabet goes, but the Aland islands are not a country, they are part of Finland. I wonder if the database for PM just uses that?? Milacron??

But I agree 100% WTF? (A little poke) I doubt everyone there is stupid, but everyone who can't figure out how to edit their location????

When I read #6, I started thinking maybe Ahole Islands is a default location, as the OP doesn't seem to know where he is.
So, on the off chance this is a legitimate question, here ya go

ee.jpg

While it is possible, it's pretty unlikely that anyone named ptuttle is in the Aland islands. This may be what people are putting down to avoid putting in their real location. No way to know for sure, as there is no verification.

Jon

31e26b4279fe3d2255f63bcd56f924b4.jpg
someone was messing with me [emoji24]

While it is possible, it's pretty unlikely that anyone named ptuttle is in the Aland islands. This may be what people are putting down to avoid putting in their real location. No way to know for sure, as there is no verification.

Jon

I have never heard of this island

I have a friend that is a retired shop foreman used to work at the premier shop in San Antonio. They had to bring him back for a couple of days to do some of the work they had bid on but the regular employees could not do. One of the jobs was some 0-80 screws with 3/16 long threads. He asked why they bid on those 0-80 screws and the fellow told him on the drawing they looked "yea big" (picture a hand jester here).
Can not tell for sure from the posted drawing, but if that hole is .030 in the same screw, that will be difficult as your minor diameter is going to be near .045 inches. The B for the A could be a simple mistake, but it makes you wonder if the rest of the drawing is well thought out. Be careful.

I have a friend that is a retired shop foreman used to work at the premier shop in San Antonio. They had to bring him back for a couple of days to do some of the work they had bid on but the regular employees could not do. One of the jobs was some 0-80 screws with 3/16 long threads. He asked why they bid on those 0-80 screws and the fellow told him on the drawing they looked "yea big" (picture a hand jester here).
Can not tell for sure from the posted drawing, but if that hole is .030 in the same screw, that will be difficult as your minor diameter is going to be near .045 inches. The B for the A could be a simple mistake, but it makes you wonder if the rest of the drawing is well thought out. Be careful.

Yeah, it looked like a simple part until I found a 0-80 tap. [emoji23]

I run a citizen l20 Swiss turn. And this will be smallest thread I've ever done

Back