What's new
What's new

Fagor 8025 TG help!

Captdave

Titanium
Hello everyone,

I recently acquired a Hardinge CNC retrofit with a Fagor 8025TG controller. I’m new to CNC operation with 20 years of manual machine experience. I’m having an issue with stopping the spindle. The spindle motor will not stop rotating when using the spindle stop, cycle stop or the emergency stop buttons after about 1 minute of operation. The only way to spot the spindle motor is to use the service disconnect. On few occasions, the spindle will slow to 870 rpm.

The previous owner demonstrated the machine to me and this problem was not present then. I have disconnected and cleaned all electric and control plugs and reconnected but no change in this condition.

I’m running this off of a 10 Hp rotary phase converter.

Has anyone ever had this issue before? Any suggestions or comments welcome.

Thank you in advance,
Dave
Summit engineering
404-964-3283

Doug has a good starting point.

.....Some pic of the machine and shots inside the control cabinets would help here......

It could be a loose wire, missing relay, screwed up M code parameter, faulty spindle drive, etc.......
for the short list anyway.

I can possibly help you but more machine info is needed.

Doug,

You we're right on the money!!!!!!Works like a champ now. I had a idea in the back of my mind that there could be an issue with the RFC power so I also posted this in the VFD section.

Thanks for your help.
Dave

Back