What's new
What's new

1/8 mile gears for the Turbo

Ox

Diamond
Not quite as fancy as new ring/pinion, but I sure took the wind out of'r sails!

I have one "Turbo" chip conveyor that likes to run fast. I guess with the mentallity of the nameplate - the engineers are thinking "fast chip removal".

I just couldn't slow the bloody thing down enough! If I set the reastat at anything less than 20% it would eventually get "cought" somewhere and just sit. No ratchet as it wasn't THAT stuck and it didn't have near the power needed to skip the clutch anyhow. It would just stall. !!!

Set at 20% the thing moved too bloody fast and I would get an extra 2 gallons of carry-off in a 24 hr day. I doo drain it back off, but it would be nice if it just wasn't there to begin with... SO:

I got pissed enough today and made the call! Took off the 33 top sprocket and replaced with 13! that's a diff of 2.5! Even better it is 5 chain links even. !!!

At first I had to wonder why they would put such a big gear on there in the first place since it would certainly cost at least twice as much as the more practical sized gear. Then as I turned the original over (maybe you can see where I'm going here?) I saw the word China! !!! No wonder they weren't too concerned aboot the cost!!

They get what (?) $2500 for a new conveyor? Is it too much to ask that we get US gears in the bloody thing? My wifey picked ours up at Martin Sprocket and Gear all of 7 miles away!

Don't see hardly any traces of coolant on the belting by the time it gets to the top now!

MUCH BETTER!

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Ox,
Aren't you worried that if you ever run a job that produces a lot of chips, it won't get rid of them fast enough? Or,is the gear a simple replacement for what ever speed you want?

Variable speed motor just wouldn't go slow enough for my liking. I can turn the speed up on the motor. It can only make so many chips...

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back