What's new
What's new

1989 tree journeyman 325 parts

Threephase

Plastic
So I posted to the forum awile back about two machines I found in a salvage yard. The one had been sitting outside and was very cheap (now has sold) how ever the other was a tree 325 that was inside the shop under car parts and dirt, oil and such. I had posted about others thoughts and did receive a fair amount of negative comets and some positive. But it never left my mind I keep thinking about it... so fast forward about 4ish months and me and a gentleman were going to work a deal on a trade for his disassembled Bridgeport series 1 cnc for my old hardinge asm c5 lathe.... well deal fell through. So I thought I'll call salvage yard and see if the old tree is still there,and it was! They wanted 850.00 bucks for it. Seems fair,but I offered him a trade (scrap for scrap) my machine worked fine but was doing me no good sitting in my drive under a tarp. Well he took the trade and right there I became a tree hugger. Me and my son took the 3.5 hr drive and picked her up. No testing nothing. Unloaded the lathe loaded up the mill and hit the road. Got her home cleaned it up and was looking for missing and broke parts and that's were this thread starts.

It's all there except the power supply for the dynapath delta 20. So before I can even test it out to find out if I have a 4600lbs boat anchor I need that so I'm reaching out to you guys for some parts and or info story's ect. We're super excited to have a cnc in the shop just want to get the old girl running.

P.s. I'm thinking the machine did mostly plastic milling due to the fact that the coolant res had no screen for the drain and I vacuumed out a crap ton of black plastic.

Sorry for the long story . Look forward to chating.

So I posted to the forum awile back about two machines I found in a salvage yard. The one had been sitting outside and was very cheap (now has sold) how ever the other was a tree 325 that was inside the shop under car parts and dirt, oil and such. I had posted about others thoughts and did receive a fair amount of negative comets and some positive. But it never left my mind I keep thinking about it... so fast forward about 4ish months and me and a gentleman were going to work a deal on a trade for his disassembled Bridgeport series 1 cnc for my old hardinge asm c5 lathe.... well deal fell through. So I thought I'll call salvage yard and see if the old tree is still there,and it was! They wanted 850.00 bucks for it. Seems fair,but I offered him a trade (scrap for scrap) my machine worked fine but was doing me no good sitting in my drive under a tarp. Well he took the trade and right there I became a tree hugger. Me and my son took the 3.5 hr drive and picked her up. No testing nothing. Unloaded the lathe loaded up the mill and hit the road. Got her home cleaned it up and was looking for missing and broke parts and that's were this thread starts.

It's all there except the power supply for the dynapath delta 20. So before I can even test it out to find out if I have a 4600lbs boat anchor I need that so I'm reaching out to you guys for some parts and or info story's ect. We're super excited to have a cnc in the shop just want to get the old girl running.

P.s. I'm thinking the machine did mostly plastic milling due to the fact that the coolant res had no screen for the drain and I vacuumed out a crap ton of black plastic.

Sorry for the long story . Look forward to chating.

Dynapath still supports that control so a power supply should be problem.

Yes. 1400.00 bucks. Just have a hard time coming up with that much to spend on a part when it might not work... I was hoping someone had a used one.

Yes,800.00 bucks. I think I may have found a generic one that has darn near the same specs as dynapath has. 5v 24v 15v -15v for 135.00 I might try it. Who knows the whole machine might need a Mach retrofit....

Please don't do that to it! Dynapath runs circles around that crap.

Amen. People get discouraged by the small file size and poor look ahead on the old control. But there is a lot more to it. That Dynapath is a true closed loop control with a real industrial interface. Though built in the late 80s, it's light years ahead of Mach3 where it really counts.

Back