What's new
What's new

Cincinnati Arrow 750

Dupa3872

Stainless
Hey guys First Thread. I Just picked up a used Arrow 750 in great shape with a Vickers 2100 control. Here's my problem I program everything in Master cam X3 and don't have a post for this control. The dealer wants an arm and a leg for it and I just don't have it right now. Dose anyone know if this control can be configured to run standard Fanuc code. My FADAL has two modes FADAL and Fanuc. I just post Fanuc code and away I go. I need to get this machine on line and making parts any help would be great

Check over on the Cnc Zone website. They have a Cam & Post processor forum. Some of the guys on the post processor will help you, or show you how to modify a post processor (That is if you can understand Visual Basic)

Welcome of Practical Machinist

JAckal:cheers:

The a-2100 has a Fanuc translator built into it. Post for a regular fanuc then load program into machine, Go to edit mode Pick Dual Screen. Then on the lower left side you should have an icon that says "Fanuc Translator" Click that then translate. After that just save the program as whatever you want.

The A-2100 has gibbs Shop floor programing and Featurecam Pre installed on it. as old as that control is you probably can get either one turned on cheap. you can also have them turned on as a working,posting,savable demo for 30 days.

A piece of advice. Before you get going real good on the a2100 make sure you have the pich error comps and options backed up on floppies. THEN, Take it to a computor wiz and have him ghost the HDD. This WILL go down eventualy. Being your control was built by vickers that would put your machine pre 1999. Its due for a HDD or BBB. If you have to buy a new HDD your out $900.00 plus about a day to re-install. ( four hours if you have done it a time or two :willy_nilly:). You can get the HDD on ebay sometimes for $99.00 but it doesnt have the MAI files on it.

Your gonna love that control. Even 12 years old its still 20 years ahead of anything else. Its just not dependable :angry:.

The little I have fooled around in this control you are right it looks great. I have transfered in a program and tried to translate it. I think I need to set up Fanuc translation parameters. In this case I am lost. Getting out the book

Back