What's new
What's new

Sharp 2412S APC Alarm- Where's the batteries?

trubble2rubble

Aluminum
Got this error message the first start up after a proximity (not direct) lightning strike.

alarm: 307 - APC alarm: nth-axis battery low 1

Said strike took out a couple routers and a PC or two, so not completely out of the question it affected the batteries. I'm getting the error on X,Y, and Z axis batteries. So, to keep from having to figure this out for myself (as that involves work and thinking) anybody know where these batteries are? Are there actually individual batteries for each axis?

Thanks,
t2r

The batteries are in the cabinet on the back of the machine. There should be a 6 volt pack for the encoders and a 3 volt pack for the main memory. On the early machines they seemed to put them in random places, so google sharp 2412 batteries and it will give you some links to other sites that have some pictures. This reminds me that I need to change the batteries on mine.

thanks for the info

How often do you replace them? Is the main memory battery likely to fail soon after the servo pack one? All google gives me are camcorder batteries...

t2r

Sharp told me that they thought they were good for about 5 years. I really don't want to lose mine so I changed them at 4 and need to do it now at 8.

Back