Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: 360 brass...

pi
    pi is offline Stainless

Unemployeed and chitty pay.
    actually i am employed with good pay now. always lookin to advance

I highly dout you know chit. Proven time and time again with your bullchit statements.
    ohh i can write programs as well as da next feller. not much need for it anymore. it impresses no one beyond yourself. employers invest in cadcam fer a reason ya know. this way they do not have to pay your stupid a'ss to reinvent the wheel or the part.

i dont drink more than twice a year
    is that your limit?

Several times I have seen you reference towards individuals wives in a such aggressive way I can only asume you hate women for 1 of three reasons.
    You have been burned before.
    who hasn't?

2, You couldn't get puss'y if your sister was on the rag and chitfaced drunk, passed out on the couch
    wrong. i always get puss'y when my sister is on the rag and chitfaced drunk, passed out on the couch

3, you are as what i would expect "An arse slammer with a matching set of his and his towels".
    nope. the 2 ladies i live with have their own way of decorating the bathroom.

Game machine Dual boot:
    been there, done that. dual boot linux/2k did not impress me. my quad boot pc does however. perhaps it's time to put away the games and bust open a big can of reality?

actually i just built an sli twin graphics card pc for a buddy. guess what, next week it will be obsolete. time to face reality and move on. your kinda like one of those fools who sticks 30k into a paint job, chrome and stereo for his car so he can turn around and sell it for $5000. personally i am running a p3 700mhz pc with 10 hard drives, 24" sony crt monitor, 4 operating systems and a whopping 256k ram. works fine for me. when i need more speed i'll consider building a new pc. anyone knows that anything over 512meg ram for gaming is a terrible waste of money, or have you not read up on that? better to invest the cash where it counts...processors. and personally i prefer asus boards. those fellas are on top of the game
    firewall? who needs them? i know how to manipulate the registry to combat attacks. sounds like you just let your obsession get carried away. perhaps you would have been better off donating your cash to the united negro college fund? that's where i send all my worn out air jordan sneakers.

Solar71 is offline Titanium

I like that PC!!!

You should see mine...
    Its also way sweet...
    Not water cooled like you have (that is water cooled right?)

But 7 fans that are all controlled by external knobs... And a REALLY nice display showing 3 different temp probe readings + 3 main the fan RPM readings...
    Plus a really sweet wattage meter!!!
    And about 12 Blue mollex lights and a sweet clear sided case!!!

Its so fun to hot rod PC's!!!
    I know it sounds like silly... But all the OCing i do, it helps to have the air circulation in the summer time... In winter i can turn down the fans and its nice and quite...

If i have the time (and desire) my next PC will be water cooled... but it will have an EXTERNAL radiator/pump... not internal...

But anyway... your PC is WAY SWEET!!!
    Is it fast ?
    Mine is very fast and OC'ed a lot... i can play any game with everything maxed out on quality and get frame rates close to my refresh rate or higher... So thats all that really matters...

Its funny... Some people set there refresh rates to 72 or 75 or 85... and then brag about there PC's getting 150fps ... hahaha

Anyway...
    Check out FrozenCPU.com and Xoxide.com
    Crazy pimpy PC stuff there...

PS : that cooling system, the small case under your main case... Does that come with your cooling system or is that something custom you made your self ?

And one more thing...
    I only see 1 video card...
    where is the rest of the stuff ?
    Is that pic early in the build ?

Congrats on that sweet PC!!!

pi
    pi is offline Stainless

seems equinox is too smart for anyone else and solar is too stupid for anyone else. maybe if you 2 rub your weenies together you'll be able to participate in an intelligent conversation?

Pi , you silly little bitch.

People are into different things...
    Some are crazy about PC's
    Some are into hunting...
    Some are into machining...
    Some like to drive fast...
    Some love to swim...

And some, will rule the world with microsoft excel...

which are you ?

pi
    pi is offline Stainless

i like girls. funny you should skip that one

acctually... for men, i consider "i like girls"
    a given...

obviously , you dont ...

maybe we need to take a better look at Pi, or is it, Piolina ? or maybe Piotette ?

hahahaha

your so easy to beat...

PS : its the weekend... have fun...
    We can battle some more on Monday...

see ya

Valiant is offline Aluminum

eq, so does it handle bf2 pretty well?

my tired old comp is on it's last stages now, and i'm considering building a new one. i don't know a whole lot anymore, but have been thinking about spending 1000ish for a new tower, hopefully able to run bf2 on at least medium settings...

BF2 is not a really tough game for a modern day PC...

I play it with everything maxed out ...
    1280x960... no slowdown at all... even on 64 player maps...

You dont need to spend too much if BF2 is all your gonna play...

As long as you have a pretty good video card and an all around ok PC you will be fine...

lets say you get a 3ghz intel with an Nvidia 6600 AGP card with 128 or 256 memory... with about 1 gig ram DDR or DDR2...

No overclocking on anything... you will be just fine...

Now if you want to play FEAR with everything maxed out... Or Call of duty 2 with everything maxed out... i would suggest a bit more power...

But not much...

PS : if you dont want to build your own PC... and you want a pretty good gaming machine... Take a look at Alienware...
    They are sort of like Dell... But for gaming...

http://www.alienware.com/main_gaming.aspx

there ya go...

And if you want to build your own...
    check out...

Newegg
    Zipzoomfly
    Xoxide
    FrozenCPU

All of these are .com's
    you can find some fun stuff ...

good luck

willbird is offline Banned
    North(very) West(very) Ohio...near exit 13 on OH turnpike

Actually Dude I love neat new stuff. Windows too. But I'm not scared to death of a DOS or *nix command line either. I never said Mazatrol was bad, just that people that had only used IT never learned the full spectrum of skills needed to be a true CNC machinest, and would be and often are totally lost on other types of CNC machines. Some guys use it for what it was meant to be, a tool, and when they get to run the "other" types of machines they grin and dig in and learn it. Sometimes you have to make the best of what is at hand to use,,,,

Are you seriously defending a guy that can't use a dial indicator to move the X and Y axis of a machine to the CL of a hole or an OD ? Not only cannot with his present skills, but refuses to learn because a fadal is "stoopid" ? I didnt buy the machines, but that company had over a dozen of them running 100 hours each or more a week on little job shop type parts, arguably they made the proper choice when buying machines.

and this guy probably refuses to use windows because dos is much more efficient:

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It is SO much fun to see a mazatrol maestro try to run a G and M code machine hehe, I had a guy argue with me for a WEEK that a FADAL must have in the CNC control a page where you setup tool geometry and a way to draw the part so the machine would do the work for me, I was just STOOPID cause I didnt know where it was. This same guy couldnt indicate in a round part either, said it was stupid to do it that way with the stoopid machine, smart machines use a touch probe.

pi
    pi is offline Stainless

actually this is what i see. i started out on mazatrol lathes and then went to okuma and then fanuc and then fadal. i would agree with the fella that said fadal is "stoopid". fadal has the most idiotic control i have ever seen. it is nothing less than a pain in the a'ss even compared to a fanuc. the tool data page on the fadal is the next best thing to useless garbage that has no business being on a modern cnc, not that i am in any way calling a fadal mill a modern cnc. i think this fella well right on target for not wanting to use this control. why waste your time with learning useless, old technology? right now the shop i am at for the next week is desperately trying to dump their fadal. it has been a constant problem. we just had new high psi seals blow (in a 10 month old machine) so the guy replaced them. 2 weeks later they blew again. and then there was the 10k chipflush option which is completely useless.
    now back to mazatrol. this is a 2 way mentality. people who go from g-code to mazatrol want nothing to do with it. they have no clue what is going on and they do not want to learn after they have spent sooo much time learning g-code. after coming from mazaks to g-code i thought "man, this g-code is crap". and even though i am extremely fluent in fanuc and okuma g-code i still think g-code is crap. it's been around for 30 years and still no g-code standard. that is "stoopid". mazatrol on lathes has not changed much in the past 20 years. you know why? it rocks, that's why. you can't get better than mazatrol.

Sometimes you have to make the best of what is at hand to use,,,,
    sure, like if you get lucky which a disease infested whore and all you have is a used condom with 4 holes. sometimes it's better to turn back and start in another direction, huh?

Equinox is offline Member

Equinox,

How much speed and reliability do you gain with all the mods. I know with the horsepower game it gets real expensive for some of the seemingly small percentage increases. But if you want to be a little faster than the next guy...... [Wink]

Ted

P.S. To All:Once Solar's brass job ended none of the topic shifts are really thread jacking are they?
    It pretty much doubles your performance and divided the reliability by 1/4. Yes this is highjacking a thread but they still let Pi Hole post so I can assume that anything is fair game

ohh i can write programs as well as da next feller. not much need for it anymore. it impresses no one beyond yourself. employers invest in cadcam fer a reason ya know. this way they do not have to pay your stupid a'ss to reinvent the wheel or the part.
    ignorance is bliss huh? I use cad assist. How does your cad assist work for acromatic controls? Here is an example of modern programming.

(----------------------------------------------------------------)

OG58 ( T58 Global Sub )
    CALL OTCK
    X0 Y0
    Z1
    /M51
    Z.1
    S737 G1 Z=-VC200+VC88+.150 F100
    VMPC2=1
    VMPT=1
    G95 Z=-VC200+VC88-.250 F.004
    Z=-VC200+VC88-VC180 F.007
    S847 Z=-VC191-VC180-.010 F.004
    G94 G4 F.2
    VMPC2=0
    CALL OMZ
    RTS

( Tools: Kaiser adjustable head boring bar )

OKAIS ( Global Sub "for all Kaiser bars" )
    CALL OTCK
    X0 Y0
    Z1
    /M51
    Z.1
    G1 Z=-VC200+VC88+.100 F100
    VMPC2=1
    VMPT=1
    G95 Z=-VC191-.003 F.0013
    Z=-VC191-.001 F.0001
    VMPC2=0
    M19 RS=0
    G94 G0 Y.004
    Z1
    M03
    CALL OMZ
    RTS

This is why you have to learn to think before you open your mouth!

quote: i dont drink more than twice a year

is that your limit?
    I guess you could say that. Im particular about what I drink.

nope. the 2 ladies i live with have their own way of decorating the bathroom.
    Your sister and zepplin sized mom doesn't count in my book!

been there, done that. dual boot linux/2k did not impress me. my quad boot pc does however. perhaps it's time to put away the games and bust open a big can of reality?
    How can I explain this in the simplest of terms so you can understand. I first stated Gentoo. This relates to the most open form of linux known. Not for the faint of heart. It is open to python also. Python is another programming tool for grey hats. Win XP 64bit is an OEM. So, this would mean either I recieved this thru OEM or Im a dev "you guess".

your kinda like one of those fools who sticks 30k into a paint job, chrome and stereo for his car so he can turn around and sell it for $5000.
    Well, actually I give my old PC's away to my clan members who arn't as fortunate. To explain; When you make money you can spend it. Dont worry, it comes with time and knowlage. There is still hope for you yet.

personally i am running a p3 700mhz pc with 10 hard drives, 24" sony crt monitor, 4 operating systems and a whopping 256k ram.
    How ironic that your name is Pi. I had to put this up as a link for TWL. To own such a ****ty system and call yourself Pi has to be the most laughable statement in quite some time. PS: I measure my screen in feet. BenQ PB8230 DLP prjector with 3500 lumins. <----Nice what money does huh? In time bro, in time.

anyone knows that anything over 512meg ram for gaming is a terrible waste of money, or have you not read up on that?
    No, I actually have several manufacturers that would think your stupid and not ignorant. At full res BF2 will utilize 900+ Mbps. With your system reserving 128 min "for XP" that would mean even a gig isnt enough. I did about 7% more fps when I put the second gig in. Such a retarded statement Pi. One of your worst.

better to invest the cash where it counts...processors. and personally i prefer asus boards. those fellas are on top of the game
    It's about the BH-5 chip. No other board is able to perform and stay stable at such high voltages. Also, in a more depth look is Oscar Wu left Abit and went to DFI. Oscar Wu is considered the Stephen Hawking and MB design and Bios. This is a link where ram manufacturers tests there sticks on the same board as I use. Every single manufacturer uses the DFI boards.

http://www.mushkin.com/doc/products/...ail.asp?ID=196

Not water cooled like you have (that is water cooled right?)
    It's called vapor cooled. Just an AC unit with highly reactive gases. -70C.

eq, so does it handle bf2 pretty well? [Wink]

my tired old comp is on it's last stages now, and i'm considering building a new one. i don't know a whole lot anymore, but have been thinking about spending 1000ish for a new tower, hopefully able to run bf2 on at least medium settings...
    My machine runs around 230fps on BF2 when im on Gulf of Oman with 64 people and im in a dive with the jet. Most of the time I max "300fps". I will be glad to help you with links to all that you will need and help you in any way that I can with a new puter.

Bobw is offline Diamond

If you guys are going to fight about Mazatrol and G-code, I'll put in my two cents on the subject again. Coming from G-code, I fought hard against Mazatrol, went to look at some Mazaks, and nice machine, but I don't like the conversational. We moved our shop, dumped the boat anchors, kept some antiques and picked up two Mazaks and a Fadal, at first I didn't really like the Mazaks, conversational and all and then I became more fluent with Mazatrol.

Now I love it, on the mill you might not end up with the most efficient tool paths, but I can stay on the floor, and get a job up and running in no time. On the lathe, forget the G-code, programs up and running in minutes or less. If I was running thousands of something, G-code, tweak out every last second, but in a job shop, can't beat it.

Also, I used to be dead set against windows and computers with a mouse, I loved DOS, Windows 95 opened my eyes a bit, and those mouse things, they are kind of handy.

BTW weren't we talking about brass? I finally got to run a 360 brass job the other day, and really wanted to take a .125 DOC at .014 per rev, but, the stock was only .187 diameter. Oh well, so I decided to try it on the next job 17-4, it was a good idea.. for about an inch.

Hansdie is offline Hot Rolled

To explain; When you make money you can spend it. Dont worry, it comes with time and knowlage. There is still hope for you yet.
    Not normally one to point out misspelled words but I cringed when I saw that you misspelled knowledge when trying to one up PI with your "knowlage".

ohh by the way I love the on going soap opera between solar and pi...keeps me entertained at work!

HEY!!! BobW...

I finished my brass job...
    Came out very nice, without any problems...
    not super fast cycle times, but triple the speed of the last programmer/machinist... so im doing ok...

Reason im typing this is, you just said, 17-4 is your next job... And so is mine...

Any tips for 17-4 ?
    This is 20 units only...
    3 inch dia, 10.750 long... (drive shaft type of part)

is 17-4 the gummy stuff that every speaks about?
    i have cut 17-4 once before... but i was cutting on the slow side... But this job i want to push the speeds and feeds just a little bit...
    Anything special about it ? (besides the fact that its really shiny?)

thanks

pi
    pi is offline Stainless

ignorance is bliss huh? I use cad assist. How does your cad assist work for acromatic controls? Here is an example of modern programming.
    not familiar with acromatics. i'm sure someone makes a post for it. if it can be written it can be replicated.

This is why you have to learn to think before you open your mouth!
    what i see is a macro style program. you stated no one could cut cycle times better than you and 90% of your programming was macro. maros are based on repetition which makes them useless in cutting cycle times. it only benefits the programming time...same as cadcam.

Your sister and zepplin sized mom doesn't count in my book!
    my guess is neither my sister or zepplin sized mother would tolerate being in your little pink book.

Well, actually I give my old PC's away to my clan members who arn't as fortunate
    i assume you mean the CCC or Cock Cleaning Clan?
    well whadaya know. my shift key does work!!

How ironic that your name is Pi. I had to put this up as a link for TWL. To own such a ****ty system and call yourself Pi has to be the most laughable statement in quite some time. PS: I measure my screen in feet. BenQ PB8230 DLP prjector with 3500 lumins
    now this completely sums you up. sounds like you measure your manhood by the size of your pc. ya know what they say...little boys need big toys?
    my p3 700mhz is not what impresses the ladies here.

No, I actually have several manufacturers that would think your stupid and not ignorant
    duhhh, no f'uckin sh'it cowgirl. my stereo dealer says i need 3 systems in every room, too. ya think he may have something to gain there?

I did about 7% more fps when I put the second gig in
    WOW!! A WHOLE 7%!!! maybe 10fps? almost worth the money. for real performance get a faster processor or vid cards.

Oscar Wu is considered the Stephen Hawking
    he's in a wheelchair too?

It's called vapor cooled. Just an AC unit with highly reactive gases. -70C.
    yeah, they had these years ago. too many problems to make it beneficial to those not obsessed with computers.

i gotta say equinox, you amaze me. no one on this forum is more desperate to find a friend than solar. and no one on this forum is more desperate to impress little kids with his game pc than you. you 2 make a great pair but when you put you two together we can't find a pair.
    now maybe you all can invite stoolmaker over. you guys can lure little kids into your underground cafe with barbie dolls and video games so stoolmaker can sneak them into the VIP room.

pi
    pi is offline Stainless

Any tips for 17-4
    farm it out so we dont have to wade through your bulls'hit.

SeymourDumore is online now Diamond

Bob

""""
    BTW weren't we talking about brass? I finally got to run a 360 brass job the other day, and really wanted to take a .125 DOC at .014 per rev, but, the stock was only .187 diameter. Oh well, so I decided to try it on the next job 17-4, it was a good idea.. for about an inch.
    """

I cut that at .100 DOC, .008-.010 IPR, 240-300 SFM depending on shape of part. Insert is Mitsubishi CNMG432 US735 grade. Works pretty darn good and last reasonably well.

Equinox is offline Member

what i see is a macro style program. you stated no one could cut cycle times better than you and 90% of your programming was macro. maros are based on repetition which makes them useless in cutting cycle times. it only benefits the programming time...same as cadcam.
    I will try to open you mind a littl bit. VC200 , and VC88 can be dia of forgings pluged into from a probe. So you use them as a R point that is always set by probe rutine. VC191 is obviously the finish depth. The RPMs will always drop from main statement. This way you always get close to your work piece before feeding. Hence increasing cycle times. This is also the only Kaiser boring program you will need. So, if you use 20 different bars then you will have 1/20th of the size. Also, updating new tooling is 1/20th as easier. You will see I dumbed down the OTORN sub from the other thread so it would be understandable to the masses. I feel communicating with you is truely a waste of time.

PS: On another subject. 17-4PH runs like butter on lathes. It can take heavy feeds.

Bobw is offline Diamond

Solar, 17-4 is easy, I work with a LOT of it, however this was actually the first time I had a part that was big enough to actually use a little bit of the lathes power. Anyways, using a Kennametal TNMG KC850 ran .060 depth, .012 of feed and 450 sfm. It was only 17 parts, and I wasn't impressed with how long the tool lasted, I would have played with it, but was busy doing other stuff and just put a part in when I was near the lathe.

If I could have played with it, I probably would have backed off the surface speed a bit, since it seemed that I was just above that sweet spot where the tool will last a signifigant amount of time.

As far as gummy, its really not like 304, 17-4 annealed is still pretty hard, low 30s on the C scale, so it cuts pretty nice, kind of like a 4140 in the low 30s, its a PH grade, so your going to have to do something really bad to surface harden it, and something even worse to get a bad finish on it. Now if you want some input on milling 17-4, I've done way more of that.

thanks bob...

your numbers are close to what i was going to try...

.0625 DOC
    F.011
    SFM 300 routhing 400 finishing

Basicly i took the speeds and feeds from ME consultant and took 80% of that ...

thanks for the help...

this is only about 10 units... Was supposed to be 20-30 unites, but the boss changed his mind...

ahh well...

thanks again

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast