What's new
What's new

Kennametal's KC5010 vs KC5510

jammorster

Plastic
Does anyone know the difference between Kennametal's KC5010 and KC5510.
Also Kenna's KC5025 and KC5525?

Which is the latest? 50 series or 55 series?

I think they've been out around the same length of time.

The main difference I find is the the 5010 & 5025 works almost everywhere, the 5510 & 5525 is junk. ;)

Kennametal has a good technical dept. for grade and coating recomendations. On their recomendatio we used the 5010 for turning heat treated allen screws and hardened free machining stainless and it has gave very good results. The inserts lasted about 10 or 20 times as long as noncoated C5.

Kennametal

Kennametal is always changing their grades. We actually Beta tested the KC5010 in our shop. Very good for high temp alloys. Just take a look at the grades on their website or in the catalog. They spell out the application.

Does anyone know the difference between Kennametal's KC5010 and KC5510.
Also Kenna's KC5025 and KC5525?

Which is the latest? 50 series or 55 series?

I am pretty sure the "55" series is newer. I haven't actually tried either, but I hear nothing but good things about the "50" series. At least for finishing and semi-finishing.

Jeff

Both are older grades, but the KC5010 is my favorite all around grade and we use them all the time in the shop in various geometries. It's not as hard as some of the grades, but way more wear resistant than softer grades. Cuts well on most materials. the 5510 is a newer version that allows you to slightly increase the SFM you can run at.

It works very well for us in intermittant turning on harder materials, and at higher feeds in 8620, 4140 PH and good old 1018.

Make sure you us the proper geometry for roughing and finishing and you'll be happy. We are.

It works very well for us in intermittant turning on harder materials, and at higher feeds in 8620, 4140 PH and good old 1018.

Make sure you us the proper geometry for roughing and finishing and you'll be happy. We are.

Good to know!
I had heard (more than once) that about the only thing it (5010) WASN'T good at was intermittent cutting. Learn something new all the time!

Jeff

5525 is not great in interuption, but for HTA, we not found another insert that will touch it. We run Hast, Inc, Monel, Nickel 200, Haynes, Rene, as well as Titan based materials.

Back