What's new
What's new

5 Axis machine alignment

scojen

Stainless
OK, so doing the mechanical alignment is pretty straight forward I have done this on several 5 axis routers with Allen Bradley controls it is as easy as do the alignment input the compensation values and your done.
Now I am faced with doing this on a 5 axis router with a Fanuc 15 control essentially the same mechanical process buuuttt what parameters to change values in has me at a loss unfortunately this is a 17 years old Motion Master router and probably one of the few with a Fanuc 15 control and yes Motion Master went belly up more than ten years ago so no help from them.

While I think I have narrowed it down to a given parameter #1220 I am still leery of making any changes just yet. Namely because this machine control has in the neighborhood of 9000 parameters. I do have a parameter manual but like all fanuc manuals it requires some clairvoyance to interpret.

Hopefully one of you has an answer I am looking for @$%%&^* freaking parameters control axis compensation values on this control.:willy_nilly:

Scott

That is a lonely beast. We had 9260 and Fagor 8050 and 8055,s on all of our motion masters. Good luck.
Yep it is one of a kind and I do have a 22 yr. old with a 9620 control too. When I retire its going to the scrap yard no else knows how to fix it and its nefarious I/O ring time out.

should i assume you already considered putting the values in your common offset or work offset, but dont want to go that route?

15m has a variety of ways to zero axes.
g92
"set" your absolute
common offset
work offset

your paramet4er method is beyond my pay grade

Back