What's new
What's new

ACRA AVMC 1020E communications and calling up new program issues

V_BUZZ

Plastic
hello all i just got a new job working for a small shop it only has one machine a acra 1020E and i knew knew the guy that ran the machine before i came here so i know he was sending and running programs on this machine because i was the one writing the programs he was running BUT now he is out of the country and can be contacted and from what i remember he was sending the programs to the machine from his lap top well now im there and since ive been there i have found they only have one book for this machine and its a electrical wiring book and does not show any procedures for running or sending programs to the machine can anyone hook me up with the correct protocol so i can set up my terminal on my pc so i dont get the o85 alarm im getting the cable is the same he was using rs232 with a usb adapter for it i was able to get the usb adapter to set to com 4 on my pc and the baud rate i set to 4800 but im not sure what the parity and stop bits are i tried ( 7 even and 2 ) with no luck if anyone has a manual or at least the correct protocol for that machine would be great plus when i call acra they tell me all the vmc's came with ridged tapping but i do not have a programming manual for it to tell me the correct g code.
it has a fanuc 0-md control. can anyone help me out with this

thanks
john

Hi I have my Supermax with Fanuc Om running on COM1 on my machine and 9600,7,EVEN, 2. I read somewhere 4800 is the default for a fanuc and all OM are 7 bits, I read.

Back