What's new
What's new

Acroloc w/11m fanuc no spindle, Z or column movement

Hot Headz Marine

Hot Rolled
Recently acquired acroloc m15/40. Fanuc 11m. Multiple issues and working thru but current stump is spindle doesn't work at all, also no z movement and no column movement, no error codes this time around. 4rth A, X & Y all good, no tool change either but may be program error. Any suggestions?

Have you opened up the spindle drive and set the drive for proper voltage? There is a switch inside the drive. You have to take screws out and open her up.

Having the spindle and Z interlocked is common when the machine sees something out of position with a toolchanger.

Not sure what motion the column is on an Acroloc. Is it related to a proper toolchange position too?

Havent seen that but its been setup for 230vac and thats what I have feeding it. you think I still need to check it?

Machine is new to me and no history or operations on my watch thus far. not sure what to push to unlock

There is a reason that product was stopped being produced over 25 years ago. McKenna and Chris Brenner in Idaho are the best resources. I can't see how sinking any real money into that machine makes sense.

Agreed somewhat, current investment is 1500.00 + 950.00 shipping plus 268.00 dc servo motor.
Looks like servo drive is bad on Z now. looking around 400.00 to repair it or chance on ebay 200.00 used.
also bought a few used tool holders 120.00 and a jig 89.00 a used bijur plastic tank 45.00 and an air oiler w\ regulator 37.00
So, 3209.00 invested so far on a 5 axis machine with 1 problem doesn't seem to be all that bad. Now if I had to pay someone to come fix it maybe that would drive up my numbers substantially but at current... I've spent more on Christamas gifts for non family members...

I have considered Mckenna and still may call upon them but...I actually spoke to Paul Stoner yesterday that was refereed to me by a forum member. 4rth employee acroloc ever hired. Extremely knowledgeable and a super nice guy. He pointed me to some very easy to check items and maybe a no parts cost repair.. I am hopeful but havent had time to check it out yet.

I actually spoke to Paul Stoner yesterday that was refereed to me by a forum member. 4rth employee acroloc ever hired.

You got your people mixed up.. One of the first employees acroloc ever had, a guy that ran them for years, showed them, sold them,
set them up in customers shops and out on his own continued to make parts for them and sell them.... I sold my Acroloc to that guy,
the guy that should know them inside and out...

He called Paul Stoner to fix that Acroloc... That's how good Paul Stoner was/is with those old Acrolocs... I don't know if he
was even born when Acrolocs first came about.

Glad you got her closer to running.

Back