Largest Manufacturing Technology
Community On The Web
Close
Login to Your Account

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Does anyone know where the Red 1/4" tube comes out for the airblast? I can see it go into the head through the cable protector but can't see where it would come out at the spindle end. Do I need to remove any covers to get to it?

We are looking at putting a system in place to avoid using the airline to clean the parts of excess coolant (HSE requirement) so this would be a massive time saver for me, just buying the solenoid to activate the system and then adding in some pipe at the job end to blast the job off before changing parts.

Country
    ALAND ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Terrible Juan View Post
    You can see it in action here: HAAS VF-2ss CNC Vertical Mill - YouTube
    hy / it is retracting too much ...

run a tool change in step-by-step and manually adjust its position with low clearance

i suggest targeting not only the right side of the spindle, but also left nozzle on left side should be a little upper

Country
    ALAND ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi deadly,

Yea I know where it comes out if the system is set up. I should have said we don't currently have the airblast system on our VF2. I can find the capped off 1/4" red tube within in the lube cabinet as mentioned earlier in this thread by someone else, and as previously mentioned I can see that the tube goes into the cable protector for the head, but I was wondering how to get to the other end within in the head so I can set up the system. What guards do I need to take off etc?

Cheers.

Country
    ALAND ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by djm77 View Post
    on our VF2
    hy / i dont know your machine ... i am sorry find some veterans around you and get it done

i replied to the original post in this thread, i did not see that it is an old one
    Last edited by deadlykitten; 07-18-2017 at 03:18 AM.

6. Likes djm77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One other trick i have used in the print world to great effect over lock line for a air nozzel that needs to be knocked but always return back to the same spot is simply a copper tube nozzel with a clear flexible PVC - plastic airline pushed onto the end. Then you need to find a reasonably long as in 4-6" spring that has the right ID for the above to be a push fit into the end. Then make a clamp to hold - point it in the right direction but gripping the last 1/2" or so of spring on the outside.

Net results a nozzle that you can aim but knock into all day with stuff that returns back to exactly were its pointing in a fraction of a second. Oh yeah costs peanuts too!

8. Likes djm77 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi deadly,

Yea I know where it comes out if the system is set up. I should have said we don't currently have the airblast system on our VF2. I can find the capped off 1/4" red tube within in the lube cabinet as mentioned earlier in this thread by someone else, and as previously mentioned I can see that the tube goes into the cable protector for the head, but I was wondering how to get to the other end within in the head so I can set up the system. What guards do I need to take off etc?

Cheers.
    You only need to take the head cover off(the big one) and you can see it inside on the back where the cable carrier connects.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thesidetalker View Post
    You only need to take the head cover off(the big one) and you can see it inside on the back where the cable carrier connects.
    Cheers sidetalker. I've had a look and can see where it goes. It's actually connected to the same manifold block as the coolant. There is a little cover about 4" square on the side of the head just by the coolant manifold, if you take that off you can see where it's connected. Just need to get the solenoid now and then hook up some sort of air gun system and then that should be one of our 4 machines sorted.

We have an older VF1 that won't be as simple to rig something up to and the lathes don't have the M code built in so that may be more problematic. The newer ST30 has the pipe from the lube cabinet to the chuck and a space for a solenoid but no way of activating it. I imagine Haas will try and charge us an arm and a leg for the activation code. And the SL30 has the same problem as the older VF1 where it's not already in place as it is with our newer VF2SS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cheers sidetalker. I've had a look and can see where it goes. It's actually connected to the same manifold block as the coolant. There is a little cover about 4" square on the side of the head just by the coolant manifold, if you take that off you can see where it's connected. Just need to get the solenoid now and then hook up some sort of air gun system and then that should be one of our 4 machines sorted.

We have an older VF1 that won't be as simple to rig something up to and the lathes don't have the M code built in so that may be more problematic. The newer ST30 has the pipe from the lube cabinet to the chuck and a space for a solenoid but no way of activating it. I imagine Haas will try and charge us an arm and a leg for the activation code. And the SL30 has the same problem as the older VF1 where it's not already in place as it is with our newer VF2SS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    While you're at it, I'd recommend adding a ball-valve in there somewhere. It's nice to be able to adjust the flow or even off completely if you needed to check something mid program and don't want to go deaf. Mine all have 3/8" lines, so it's quite a bit of air.

Be sure to bump this thread when you've got it hooked up. I'd be curious to see what you come up with.