What's new
What's new

Okuma Lc20 Main Bearings

Henning

Plastic
Hey guys
I've just become the owner of an Okuma Lc20 from 1989 with only 4300 hours in production. and is in very good konditon you can really see the machine that has run a few hours.
But I've got a problem!
The machine has not run the last 3 years and when I start it up everything was in perfect order just until spindle start.
noise from the main bearings and it's pretty much
I have located the noise that it is from the main bearing becaus I have dismantled the cover on the side of the gearbox and have put it in neutral and when I turn the spindle by hand, I can hear the noise coming from the bearings.
I think I know why the bearings is gone. water has drained into the gearbox through a bad stuffing box drain hole has not been kept open. Ther was a lot of water in the gearbox

But now my question is anyone have experience with switching such main bearings. it is perhaps possible to get a description of how we go about it.
Does anyone know where I can buy these main bearings

Best regards
Henning

Hello Henning, I am by no way a expert nor a operator, but we have a Lc20 I will dig around for some info for you, it may take awhile. Jon

Hey

we just got our LC20 running but we have two alarms a 232 and 124 stroke end limit.Got any ideals on how to clear and resest.Ive tryed moving it around in manual but wont go away?

Back