What's new
What's new

alarm 087 when DNC

Thieu.

The alarm contents for # 87 reads some thing like this.

“When entering data in the memory by using Reader / Puncher interface, though the read terminate command is specified, input is not interrupted after 10 characters”

Now I couldn’t DNC my way out of a wet paper bag, I think that’s the one where your Post is not issuing a CR (Carriage return) signal after each line.

Some one will know.

You could try spitting your download out into some thing like a plain text editor - Notepad, and just see what it looks like.

Regards Phil.

Its called a 'buffer overrun' alarm and its caused by the PC sending data even after the control has asked it to stop.

Solution:

Set your flow control option in your DNC software to 'Software' or 'Xon/Xoff' (they both mean the same)

Hopefully that will sort your problem.

Boris

DNC on a 0 also requires a PMC to CNC register bit set on, G127.5.
This is normally done through the PMC with a switch installed by the MTB.
M.

Boris and Minder are both right, but I'd like to add that many DNC programs running under Windows just can't handshake fast enough for a Fanuc 0 control.

The alarm happens when the small input buffer in the Fanuc gets nearly full, and the Fanuc sends an Xoff control code to the PC (ASCII 19). The DNC software has to stop sending data within 10 characters, or the Fanuc buffer will overflow and give the alarm 087.

Problem is ... even if the DNC software were to stop INSTANTLY when it gets the Xoff, that may not be good enough. Windows uses a 16-character output buffer on the serial port called a "FIFO" (First In First Out) buffer. If this buffer has more than 10 characters in it when the Fanuc wants to stop, the Fanuc buffer is sure to overflow no matter how fast the DNC software stops.

You can go into the Windows Device Manager to change the setting of the FIFO buffer. Right-click on the "My Computer" icon, select "Manage", then "Device Manager". Click on the "+" sign next to "Ports, (COM and LPT)" and highlight the COM port that you are using for DNC. Then, right-click, select "Properties", then "Port Settings", then "Advanced". Move the slider control for the "Transmit buffer" to it's lowest setting (far left), then click OK many times to exit all the menus. Open your DNC software and try again.

Thanks All , I try to test all of your information but it still have the same alarm 087 after run 4 strip lines ,the software i use is NCnet1-v41 , i already test more soft as Mastercam , cimco , esprit ...all are same problem , please help me .
Thanks .

Buffer overflow 87

I am facing the same overflow 87 problem in Fanuc 0i-PC. We are using Windows XP. But I could not find this"Transmit data" slider control in the "ports" option. Though it is there in Windows Vista.
Can u tell how to reduce the "transmit data" rate in Windows XP.
I already tried to manipulate with Baud rate, and data bits bit it does not work.
The problem still persists

Thanks

Overflow Alarm

I have a Fanuc Oi and had a similar problem.

The Overflow Buffer issue I found to be with the FIFO buffer being on.

If I'm not mistaken, select the com port being used, select it, and check the properties. Under the Advance tab, their will be a check box you will deselect to turn off the FIFO buffer.

Mind you this varies depending the RS232 Pnp Card you have in your computer, as the driver is what will provide vista, xp, windows 7 that option.

Note that not all RS232 pci cards are capable of turning off the FIFO buffer. There aren't many PCI out there that can still do this apparently, as I had trouble finding one thats PCI-E LP (that will fit on my motherboard and case). I suggest checking with startech.com.

I hope this helps. From my experience, the FIFO buffer is normally the culprit.

Back