What's new
What's new

Fanuc 10 TF help please!

MICK 1958

Stainless
Hello,

I have a Nakamura-Tome slant 1, it has a fanuc 10TF control.

This is my first Fanuc control and only my second cnc machine.

When I got it ....it seemed to work alright....now that I got it set up and ready to use ....it will not home in the Z axis. yet it does in X axis. I cannot do anything with it. I have replaced the micro switches for the Z axis.

I don't even stop at the first stop... It goes to machine shut down. ( shuts the hydraulic pump off) I checked all of the obvious things for me. ( wiring, cams that operate the microswitch's ) and while doing an internet search I came across an article that someone was having similar problems... he stated something about "batteries"....does the Fanuc have batteries for memory backup? and if so...where?

thanks for your time and I apologize for sounding so dumb in this manner.

Mick

There was a similar problem recently, and it might be the same with your lathe. During shipping, the Z may have wandered behind the "Z home" micro switch. What you may need to do is grab ahold of the ball screw for the Z axis, and rotate it until the Z has moved back in front of the switch, (moving Z toward the chuck). But, be sure to do this with the power off!! Tripping the breaker in your breaker box probably isn't a bad idea also. Just to be safe.

Once you're in front of the micro switch, try it again.

Have you powered it down at the case level during the time that you've had issues?

Have you even shut down the control and re-booted?

The most likely quick fix is to hold down the CANcel and the P buttons the whole time during reboot of the control. (Doo not need to power down the case)

For whatever reason - Fanuc likes to rely on where it THINKS it is from the last Homing routine - while re-homing. Makes no sence to me. If you felt that the machine knew where HOME was, why would you be going through the routine in the first place? :crazy:

The CAN/P is always the first line of defence for control issues. :D

If that doesn't fix it - let us know. (Or even if it does for that matter)

I'm guessing that if it DOES fix it - you're gunna be pissed! ;)

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Oops, sorry, my bad. I was thinking it worked before you took delivery of this machine, and didn't work once you set it up in your shop. Didn't read the part where you said it worked fine when you first got it.

The CAN/P is always the first line of defence for control issues. :D
That works for the System 0. On the 10, you can disable the soft limits on power-up by holding - and . at the same time, then press power-on. You should see an IPL menu. Key in 4, then INPUT. You should see something to the effect of "Check soft OT at power on?" Press N (for no), then INPUT. Press 6 to end the IPL. The control should boot up, and if you look at the position page, the MACHINE positions should now read 0. Try your zero return routine.

From your description, I'm not convinced that the limits are your problem. If the above doesn't work, do a zero return and pay close attention to whether the axis ever seems to change from a rapid-traverse rate to a "decel" rate. This should occur when the microswitch (that you changed) is pressed. If you can read the wiring diagram and determine which input to the ladder carries the decel switch signal, you can watch it on the PCDGN page to see if it changes status when the decel switch is pressed. If not, you could have a wiring problem, or the I/O board could be bad.

Ox, Dave, and Metaltech....

thanx for the info....Metaltech....I do not know what that did for my machine....but I followed your directions after I deciphered how to do it....and it worked...but it will only work when I put the speed down to 50% ....That will be fine...it does hit the first microswitch and go to decel...here is the really strange thing....at the first time I tried it .... the X deceled and homed....and then the z quit working?????? I tried it again....and they both went to machine shutdown. So, I turned the speed down to 50% and they both homed.....now I have to figure out how to program the thing.

I have been sitting on this thing for about 9 months now and you have given me new hope .....not to mention moaning about the money I spent and couldn't use it.

Thanx again to all who replied.

Mick

Back