bat i dont now what numbers it is in the parameters

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JUANBO View Post
    hi there can anyone help pls

i heve a Leadwell otb - ltc10b and i need to move the
    soft limit 2=Z
    and soft limit 3 = Z

bat i dont now what numbers it is in the parameters
    Your almost impossible to understand, but I'll have a crack at it. I speak perfect gibberish once I've had a beer or two.

Surely on a "Leadwell OTb" That's a Fanuc control???

Are you experiencing a soft over travel alarm? 500 or 501?

Your Z travel parameters are 702 & 706.

I'd predict, if you were to hold both the "P" and the "Can" buttons while you reboot the control. That will turn off the software over travel check. And you could home out the axis. Its a dumb 2 axis lathe. Cant be that hard,

3. Likes JUANBO, Bobw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yeah... I'm a bit clueless here too.
    Perhaps the schooling here has really gone to shit and no one is taught how to type in a manner that at least SOMEONE can understand.

So you want to move your soft limits in Z twice? Or did you mean X and Z?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NAST555 View Post
    Yeah... I'm a bit clueless here too.
    I was trusting in you, to hunt him down, and slap him into line.
    Just out of interest. My best guess is this guy Juan-Bo is of Spanish origin.

6. Likes NAST555 liked this post
    Country
    SOUTH AFRICA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

thank for the parameter a will have a look at it now

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JUANBO View Post
    thank for the parameter a will have a look at it now
    If you could actually tell us what the problem is. I'm sure there would be 36 blokes here that could fix it. To date you haven't actually confirmed its a Fanuc.

Phil.

Country
    SOUTH AFRICA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

yes i need to move it on the Zaxis

i have 2 Alarm

(1)1002 soft limit 2
    (2)1003 soft limit 3

when i Zero return it on Zaxis

Post Thanks / Like

Does that mean we confirming its a Fanuc OT B
    Shut it down at the case / cabinet / main isolator.

Then re-boot it. Hold down both the P & Can buttons continuously, until the control completely boots up.

11. Likes Dualkit liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by machtool View Post
    Then re-boot it. Hold down both the P & Can buttons continuously, until the control completely boots up.
    See, it's this kind of trash that makes it hard to love Fanuc. What is that some kind of Skull and Bones Society secret knowledge, or is it something you have to pay Fanuc for? Some ancillary add-on? Or is it just straight up bones shaking, poison drinking, chicken blood VooDoo?

<Disclaimer> I have nothing against whatever kind of Spiritual path anyone is on.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by litlerob1 View Post
    .....is it something you have to pay Fanuc for?
    Nope. That procedure is in their operation and maintenance manuals. Look for a section called "list of operations" or something similar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

See, it's this kind of trash that makes it hard to love Fanuc. What is that some kind of Skull and Bones Society secret knowledge, or is it something you have to pay Fanuc for? Some ancillary add-on? Or is it just straight up bones shaking, poison drinking, chicken blood VooDoo?

<Disclaimer> I have nothing against whatever kind of Spiritual path anyone is on.
    Nah, I even have it taped to the side of one of my machines. It's if your machine,not a fanuc fault,is stuck on it's soft limits.

NOW if you hit P and Delete... THAT will send you on a spiritual path that might end in a few dents on the machine sheet metal from your forehead. (If anyone reads this PLEASE DON'T DO IT, JUST DON'T!)

I was trying to find the comment here recently, I can't find the poster but it's one of the smarter guys here from memory, that made a joke about people thinking that P & CAN can fix any machine problems

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by NAST555 View Post
    Nah, I even have it taped to the side of one of my machines. It's if your machine,not a fanuc fault,is stuck on it's soft limits.

NOW if you hit P and Delete... THAT will send you on a spiritual path that might end in a few dents on the machine sheet metal from your forehead. (If anyone reads this PLEASE DON'T DO IT, JUST DON'T!)

I was trying to find the comment here recently, I can't find the poster but it's one of the smarter guys here from memory, that made a joke about people thinking that P & CAN can fix any machine problems
    That one I do know------"P" stands for Program as in all of them, correct? But I think it's only if you are in EDIT mode.

R

Post Thanks / Like

See, it's this kind of trash that makes it hard to love Fanuc. What is that some kind of Skull and Bones Society secret knowledge, or is it something you have to pay Fanuc for? Some ancillary add-on? Or is it just straight up bones shaking, poison drinking, chicken blood VooDoo
    Its in the arse end of every Fanuc Maintenance manual. Those of us that fix them, its like butter milk. It might be under the guise of appendices. That shows you all the reset states. Possibly page 394 plus. It's barely Skull and Bones. All P-Can does is turn off software over travel check. Handy when you have an axis slip during transport, or be moving during an E-stop. I can't think of any other controls where the solution is so simple.

Different button combinations, will bring you a world of hurt. Best I know you cant delete the PMC ladder. Worst case programs & parameters. Stay away from using the reset button, as one of the two button combinations.

I've recommissioned a few machines, where a disgruntled employee has done a control reset. That's why we don't speak of it,

Post Thanks / Like

Getting back to it. Where's Juan? I miss him all ready. He was like a fart in a space suit this time yesterday. So hot to trot, 1 of his 6 contributions managed to get locked. I have tolerance for manic pricks.

Alarm

I'd predict, some how, some way, his machine is working again. I'm wishing it bad VooDoo, if he hasn't had the decency to follow up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yeah
    The next poor sod that googles "ALARM" looking for a solution to moving his burglar alarm 3 and 2 Meters respectively will get to this post

19. Likes machtool liked this post