What's new
What's new

anilam 3000 networking questions

Merdailleurs

Plastic
Hi everyone
I am trying to network an Anilam 3000 control to a win xp machine.

XP is service pack3
The machine came from a college and was networked before.

Anilam control setup and pc are OK
I can see both machines when I ping or net view.

From the control I can map the c drive on the pc.

I cannot map the control from the pc

I try net use m: \\machine\mill and it returns an error53

I have tried every possible solution , learn DOS commands, and prayed to pageant gods.:nutter::bawling:

Can anybody refer a resourceful tech who knows the ins and out of these controls .

Your suggestions are welcome:)

These folks looks like good ppl. Service looks pretty straight forward also. Bet you could get away with this with only a phone call bud

ANIMLAM User Support :: Acu-Rite

Should you not find below the specific information you need, you may call our technical service department at 847.490.0351. Be sure to have the product model, serial number and/or date of manufacture in hand before you call, so that we may provide the most efficient support possible.

Almost there!

These folks looks like good ppl. Service looks pretty straight forward also. Bet you could get away with this with only a phone call bud

ANIMLAM User Support :: Acu-Rite

Should you not find below the specific information you need, you may call our technical service department at 847.490.0351. Be sure to have the product model, serial number and/or date of manufacture in hand before you call, so that we may provide the most efficient support possible.

Hey TH custom, I can now use the mapped drive on my pc and this is great!

Thanks for your quick response, I didn't realise that acu-rite would support my control, I will give them a call.

Now I need to resolve my networking problem fully.

Getting win 7 to recognise XP is not an easy task because of the static IP
I am forced to use on the xp workgroup to be able to communicate with DOS.

I loose internet capacity when I network from win 7 workgroup to xp workgroup on a static IP network.

If I try to setup in random IP on win 7 I loose capacity to see the XP workgroup.

Ahh!!If I had the money I would retrofit this machine to have everything on the same platform.

Anybody has ever faced this kind of problem? :confused: :crazy:

Thanks for reading me! :)

Hey TH custom, I can now use the mapped drive on my pc and this is great!

Thanks for your quick response, I didn't realise that acu-rite would support my control, I will give them a call.

Now I need to resolve my networking problem fully.

Getting win 7 to recognise XP is not an easy task because of the static IP
I am forced to use on the xp workgroup to be able to communicate with DOS.

I loose internet capacity when I network from win 7 workgroup to xp workgroup on a static IP network.

If I try to setup in random IP on win 7 I loose capacity to see the XP workgroup.

Ahh!!If I had the money I would retrofit this machine to have everything on the same platform.

Anybody has ever faced this kind of problem? :confused: :crazy:

Thanks for reading me! :)

I got it ! this article on the net did it http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=1393495&seqNum=2

I can easily transfer programs to the Anilam control from the win XP pc and it networks beautifully with win 7.

Static IP addresses did it for me!

Thanks and see you next time!

Back