What's new
What's new

Any Mitsubishi Meldas experts here?

Volitan

Hot Rolled
We lost the parameters on our Nomura screw machine with a Meldas 320m control.

I managed to get them back in, but the machine still can't be run. When I hit the "Machine" button, which is "F0" to Mitsubishi people, I get a blank screen. Also, I can't send it home although I can jog it around and turn the spindle.

Someone from Mitsubishi said our ladder was probably screwed up, and someone else from Mitsubishi says it can't be that, that custom screens are handled through variables.

Anyone care to throw some guesses my way? I'm lost.

I'm pretty well versed in the Meldas 50M. Do you have a touchscreen? If so, there will be a section of parameters called GOP that you will need to re-enter.

The ability of the machine tool builder to customize the control to their preferences is pretty comprehensive on the Mits control. You should talk to Nomura about your problem.

Meldas 50 was available with a touchscreen as early as 1995 since there is one on my Mori.

On the 50 series control you need to set parameter 6451 bit 0 to a 1 to display the Fo pages. Does the 320M have the same parameter?

Yes, on this one it's bit select 51, which brings you to PLC programming tools when it's switched on. When it's switched off it's supposed to be a machine monitoring page but currently it's blank.

Here are a couple pictures of something I noticed. The first is a PDF from Nomura, I'm showing step #1930. The second is a pic from the machine. There are a couple extra rungs on the machine. Is this the kind of thing that happens when the ladder gets messed up, or does that usually turn it into jibberish?

I'm trying to determine if it's supposed to be there or not. Maybe I got an old revision printout from Nomura?

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

One more thing I should add: I got the parameter list straight from Nomura. It was like 15 pages worth, there were User Parameters, Machine Parameters and System Parameters (options). The list they sent had our serial number on it so I'm somewhat confident that they are good. Maybe mildly confident. More like "pretty sure" I guess.

It is quite common for the machine to have newer ladder version than the documents. There is a version number label capability on the ladder but it is up to the builder (or user as Meldas ladders are able to be modified at the control) to keep up on the rev changes. A damaged ladder will be garbage.

In my experience a parameter list from the builder with a matching s/n is a golden starting point to get the machine back to how it was shipped. You may still have some tweaking to do, but it will get it running.

I know this is an old thread but I’m having the same blank screen on a nomura when the fo button is pushed

I know this is an old thread but I’m having the same blank screen on a nomura when the fo button is pushed

If I could help you I would, but this was a few years ago and I don't work at that shop anymore, so no access to that machine.
It took about a week of back and forth with Mitsubishi with emails, phone calls and pictures but they stuck with me until we got it running.

Pretty sure I called their main number and asked for tech support: 847-478-2100

I do remember being so happy that it finally ran I sent the tech a video of it starting up with a hand made sign saying he was a genius lol, I'll check tonight when I get home. If that's still in my cloud I can get you his name. James something...

BTW, it had nothing to do with the ladder, it was just a matter of re-initializing it in the proper order.

Good luck!

Hello all, I have a 1993 Mitsubishi M-V40A that sat for two years and when I powered it on it was in Japanese. I have every manual that came with the machine when new and after reading them all numerous times I called Mitsubishi and they walked me through how to change it back into English but I get a bunch of alarm codes and they told me more than likely it needs to be reinitialized and the only thing I don't have is the backup disk. Mitsubishi sent me all of the parameters in hard copy on paper and I have no idea how to go about entering them on the controller. I would appreciate any help on manually inputting them or if anyone has the backup I can get to download into the controller that would be great! thanks!:willy_nilly:

Attachments

• IMG_4870.jpg
    IMG_4870.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4871.jpg
    IMG_4871.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 29

Back