What's new
What's new

Any super sharp Fanuc troubleshooters around? Need to get a 16i revived quickly.

huleo

Hot Rolled
Basically have a machine that ran fine for us for years. Moved it to storage for months as we didn't need it. Repowered it and now we have issues.

Control will go through boot, bring up windows, then work through the autoexe for Fanuc CNC to bring up their software., Then comes up with a "unable to install HSSB driver (mmcncd), boot will be aborted"

The confusing part is there is 90% certainty we don't even have anything HSSB connections to the control. There IS an FSSB axis board mounted to the motherboard that has 2 fibers on it, but that is for servo control. maybe that driver is for that?

In any case, it appears there is no HSSB card, so confused why we are getting this error, how to bypass it, verify wtf is going on, etc.

Of course Fanuc just says hardware is all fubar and need to have them out to replace it all. So far, it appears the control is doing what is should do but maybe a little ghost somewhere. We just need to get to the CNC software and see if we can verify what else works/doesn't work.

possible in storage bios battery went dead and you lost parameters and are now on default parameters. need to put in correct parameter settings possibly. if you had no backup of parameters that aint good.

Before I even try it, would you you know if you can even access the bios with similar methods as stanard PCs with F keys?

I seem to remember fixing another PC based unit where an IRQ somehow was altered or otherwise not right.

BUT, the machine seems to boot up just fine, so it almost seems like the driver is called by the autoexec out of windows, then hangs up on that driver. Problem is I can certainly see how it might hang there if it is trying to complete a driver load without the peripheral even being there at all.

What machine do you have? If you call the Fanuc 800 # number during the 12-1 lunch hour, you will get to talk to a tech who is not local to you (takes away the desire to sell you anything).

Back